Author Topic: You WILL need a plank  (Read 834 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
You WILL need a plank
« on: Jan 12, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Drove by Pineview, Echo, and Rockport today and found very few folks out on the ice.  One truck in the Cemetery Point lot and 2 souls walking out from the north side.  Watching them walk indicted crusty conditions that they kept breaking through making it difficult to walk.  The parking lot itself was NOT plowed this morning and I hade a Hell of a time turning my truck and trailer around.

Went to Echo next and rode my snowmobile to the ice edge at the bottom of the boat ramp and tried to get on the ice - and failed.  There were 3 people out on the ice and all used a plank to do so.  Two were at the first pull off near the dam and the 3 person was at the second pull off past the campground.

Then drove over to Rockport and went all the way into the boat ramp.  Nobody there.  There were about 9 or 10 vehicles at the dam and maybe 20 people on the ice.  They needed a plank to get on.  Talked to 2 folks coming off at 10 and they said they hadn't had a single bite and only saw 1 fish caught.

We will head back to Echo tomorrow and WILL have the plank with us.  The ice looked like frozen slush everywhere and we couldn't see any indication that the 3 on the ice were sinking in at all.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: You WILL need a plank
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Thanks for the intel Bob, makes my decision on what to do this weekend and upcoming holiday much easier
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PFIDude

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: You WILL need a plank
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Thanks for the intel Bob, makes my decision on what to do this weekend and upcoming holiday much easier

So...where are you going to go this weekend?  I just canceled our reservations at strawberry, they are socked in, closed down, and about 14" of slush on a very small base of ice....not looking good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.