Author Topic: Cold day fishing  (Read 829 times)

Offline Madplumber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch & Release
Cold day fishing
« on: Jan 06, 2017, 08:07 PM »
Went fishing today left at 5am in the morning was -20 when i left house and when we hit sage junction it was -40 but we keep going the goal was fontanelle for some ling when we arrived the temp was -31 at lake it took a few min to start first snowmobile then got half way across lake and the sled decided it wanted to overheat i guess the antifreeze did not want to move so went back to truck and got my other sled and it took 20 min to warm that sled then the track decided to be froze so that was fun finally got setup about 10:30 and started to fish and we only lasted about 4 hours on ice was to cold but the scenery on way home was worth it saw some really nice bulls and a couple real nice bucks lots of wildlife and bear lake is starting to freeze which gets me excited but i don't think it will last long suppose to get warm next and if i did not mention i did get skunked fishing today
If anyone is fishing the ding a ling tomorrow good luck

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Cold day fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2017, 08:51 PM »
Well to bad about fishing was no good but it's all ways nice to see some big bull elk and some nice deer

Offline IceFishinTy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2017, 08:46 AM »
You are a tougher man than I! That is a little past my comfort zone.... unless I hear the bite is HOT! Crazy that they are predicting rain Monday!?

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2017, 01:29 PM »
when we arrived the temp was -31 at lake
There isn't a fish on earth I would go after in those conditions. ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2017, 03:40 PM »
That sounds like a crazy trip mp, coldest I've ice fished was -26 at chesterfield and it wasn't to bad, In the tent with the heater on. My track was froze up but I got it free pretty quick. Been reading some things about people quitting the tourney today and having trouble leaving, they can't keep warm enough in tents with heaters going and to top it off they're machines don't want to start to get they're stuff of the ice. Crazy cold
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2017, 10:30 AM »
-31 is horrible. When it gets that cold metal/plastic items like to break. Coldest i have fished in was -22-24 , same as Musky at Chesterfield. I opened a can of Mtn. Dew and it slushed up as it fizzed out the top of the can. You are dedicated, I decided to stay at home yesterday morning with all -20's I was seeing at the lakes. But -31 even worse...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.