Author Topic: High Uinta Trip Mar 4, 2017 pics added  (Read 8842 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: High Uinta Trip Mar 4, 2017
« Reply #60 on: Mar 03, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Right on Junior  :thumbsup: That's to bad the derby fell on this Saturday and here we thought it would be a sitter issue cause I know you aint going fishing with out the queen  ;)2 We'll get together next year on the ice for sure. I'll text you later about the sled and what fishon1 wants to do, go to the trail head and run it as to not hold anyone up or just leave it home and mess with it later. I just got the part on and its still idling a little low so we'll address that later this afternoon. Good thing is either way icecutter has fishon1 hooked up with his other sled. I also just got a text from skunkedagain and it appears elkhunter is out so he'll be solo from logan
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Junior48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Mar 03, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Right on that sound good. i called Jody's and they are expecting 9-12 folks in the morning around 630. Hope to see you guys there as long as the sled issue is resolved. 

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Mar 03, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Have a great time and be super safe! Looking forward to some cool pictures also..  ;D
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #63 on: Mar 03, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Thank you Junior.  Much appreciated.  See you in the AM. ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:20 PM »
See you guys at jodys in the AM
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Mar 03, 2017, 09:46 PM »
Truck and sled are all loaded and ready so see you at Jodys. Later J

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Mar 04, 2017, 10:30 PM »
What a great day in the high country, minus the problems here and there. Lots of fish hooked and definately the deepest ice I've ever fished. Plenty of pics to come including the 5ft auger that finally broke thru so we could fish
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 05, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Great trip and fun putting faces with usernames.  And who couldn't help but laugh at all the mishaps.  Snowmobiles breaking down; towed gear sleds breaking loose; gear sleds turning upside down and spilling gear all over the trail; whiplashing sleds throwing gear out on the trail; breaking hubs/braces in pop-up shelters; and strapped down boxes breaking straps and falling off the back of the snowmobile rack on the way out.  But hey, everybody caught fish and it was a beautiful, sunshiny day.  Except for the blankety, blank, blank WIND.  Blew most of the day and with 4 feet of snow/slush on top of the ice, no way to anchor shelters not on a sled.

Maybe next year we will do this in November - BEFORE the snow gets too deep.   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Mar 05, 2017, 04:06 PM »
Still sounds like a better day than I had.  No snowmobiles so don't get there in the winter.  Sure love the area in the summer and fall.

Good everyone made it back and had fun.

Offline Junior48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Mar 05, 2017, 04:35 PM »
It was great meeting you guys in the morning a Jody's. Wish i could have gone fishing with all of you. But it was fun meeting you guys and it's nice to put some faces with names on here. can't wait to get out there with you folks hopefully next year.

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #70 on: Mar 05, 2017, 09:28 PM »
Woke up this morning with numerous pictures texted to my cell phone I assume one of you guys has my number on their group list. Looks like you all had a good time.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #71 on: Mar 05, 2017, 11:05 PM »
That was me packfan  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: High Uinta Trip Mar 4, 2017 pics added
« Reply #72 on: Mar 06, 2017, 10:44 AM »
All of us patiently waiting on how we're going to get thru this ice

After some brainstorming we came up with 3 extensions on the ion

After the ions head got a bath and quit working we went with wyoguys fuel drill and finished out the holes fo everyone

A few of skunkedagains fish

Icejunkieb

Icejunkie's son

Icecutterion

A little tutorial on icecutter's RT-9

"move your feet lose your hole" got up to get a pic and icecutter swooped up on a fish in my hole

Fishon1

Dubob

Wyoguy2

Utahguy and friend

one of my tigers

A look down the abyss, that hole was way down there, you needed a long transducer cord to get some pings going

Th rest is just some shots I took thru out the day, check out the snow depth on the turn sign. That's a normal sized street sign

Tightlines
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline wyoguy2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Mar 06, 2017, 12:36 PM »
Hey all, nice meeting all you guys, had a great time fishing with you.  As Bob said nice to put faces to names.  I'm up for another adventure anytime!

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #74 on: Mar 06, 2017, 01:40 PM »
Looks like you had a nice sunny day and some great pictures, 16 more working days and I'm done, time to play then. :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #75 on: Mar 06, 2017, 05:34 PM »
16 more working days and I'm done, time to play then. :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:
Well, it's about damn time!   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Mar 07, 2017, 08:45 AM »
Nice job Matt glad someone took some photo's, I was surprised how few I had when I got home and looked at them... Was a fun day...

Gary, my nephew works in a snowmobile shop and told me, that he suspects your fan belt may be shot and caused the problem... He said they see that issue fairly often on that sled... Hope the rings didn't burn into the cylinder walls, so you have to do too much rework...

Was nice to meet you guys, and fun to see some very nice ice set ups, you guys do ice right... I think you may have sold me on a different type finder... at least the transducer... It was pretty tough fishing blind, since I couldn't get my transducer anywhere near where it would work, however I don't fish that much ice hardly ever... first time anyway... 

Anybody else get much sun???  Should have found my sunscreen, might have been fried the next morning... Thanks all... J

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #77 on: Mar 07, 2017, 01:27 PM »
Thanks Jeff I did get a few good ones. I try to take a ton of pics. Then when I get home I look thru them and only end up with about 30% usable. I lathered up pretty good with sunscreen before I left the house and faired really good this trip. No burn for me but I was sitting in the shade of my tent most the day. Hey Gary I hope you get the sled figured out, what Jeff was saying could have been the prob. It turns out my little buddy heater blew into pieces on the way out bouncing around in my sled. I packed pretty quick when we were getting ready to go. I will pack stuff a lot tighter next time for sure 
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Icejunkieb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Mar 07, 2017, 05:56 PM »
It was a fun trip it was nice to meet all of you , thanks Matt for the great photos. Sorry to hear of the heater casually and I hope Garys sled is ok . I should have also found the sunscreen I'm a little well done ha ha I'm ready for an other adventure  anytime ,it's pretty good up there at ice off ,but they close the gates to protect  the roads so some times you can't get up there till the ice is gone .

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #79 on: Mar 07, 2017, 06:52 PM »
What a day out on the ice and the ride in was awesome. It was the first time for me to go that far on a sled and fishing thick ice like that it was great meeting up with everyone and hope we all can do something like that again.

Offline Utahguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Mar 09, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Thanks everyone, myself and my buddy had a great time... even with my blue sled acting up.  Learned some valuable lessons and plan on getting tow bars and a long extension for the auger... 

Good meeting you all, let's do it again sometime.
Still learning...

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Mar 13, 2017, 11:04 AM »
Yup lots of lessons learned on that trip... Got most of my stuff repaired last weekend, but probably won't do much more ice until next year... Was fun and will be looking forward to the next time... Later J

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #82 on: Mar 14, 2017, 07:33 AM »
Strawberry still has plenty of good ice and will have into April.  You're welcome to come join us tomorrow Jeff.
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Mar 15, 2017, 02:29 PM »
Hey Bob sounds like you guys are doing well today (Matt's sending pictures to make me jealous), sorry I couldn't join... Matt left me cooking burgers at work today, but I also have an anniversary coming up so need to keep my wife happy so I have one next year... Thanks for the invite it would have been a lot of fun... Later Jeff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.