Author Topic: Hyrum  (Read 1445 times)

Offline JBT

• IceShanty Rookie
Hyrum
« on: Dec 29, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Hey guys,
Are there any 10# brown or tiger trout in this lake? I have driven past it several times and always wondered. Thanks for any information you all can provide.
JBT.i

Offline Madplumber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch & Release
Re: Hyrum
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2016, 11:12 PM »
very few big browns mostly catch them in spring in the river above dam but it is all private property and i have only caught a couple of tigers and they have only average around 10" a lot of people fish that lake doesn't give the chance for fish to grow to size

Offline JBT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2016, 09:19 AM »
Thanks...always looking for new spots.

Offline Oneearedwonder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2017, 11:23 PM »
I see some people on the Hyrum Dam Cam out fishing. Any luck?

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2017, 01:23 PM »
I fished it yesterday, it was slow, but did end up with 11 fish on the day, gills, perch and bows about equal mix of each... Ice on north side was about 7-8" thick, but that's the area that has had ice for a couple weeks, I'm sure out in it's much thinner.. Lot's of folks out on it yesterday though, hopefully no one took a swim.. Later J

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2017, 11:05 AM »
I fished it yesterday, it was slow, but did end up with 11 fish on the day, gills, perch and bows about equal mix of each... Ice on north side was about 7-8" thick, but that's the area that has had ice for a couple weeks, I'm sure out in it's much thinner.. Lot's of folks out on it yesterday though, hopefully no one took a swim.. Later J
Did you see any power sleds out or evidence that they had been?  Trying to decide on Hyrum or Echo for tomorrow.  I know Echo is safe for power sleds but don't know about Hyrum.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2017, 11:08 AM »
I don't think its quite there yet from what skunked has been telling me about the ice thickness
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2017, 01:24 PM »
Did you see any power sleds out or evidence that they had been?  Trying to decide on Hyrum or Echo for tomorrow.  I know Echo is safe for power sleds but don't know about Hyrum.
Yup Matt is correct in telling you it's still a no go for sleds, unless you hang close to the north shore then you might be okay to take one out, but the center of the pond will only have 3 or so inches of ice, so in the interest of staying safe I'd say best to wait a while yet... I'm not even sure there will be 3" in the middle, it hasn't been frozen over very long and has a nice insulation of snow on top of it... the edge ice where I was had about 7" of ice but it wasn't all good ice, it was nasty stuff to drill through, it seemed like several layers of bad ice on top of a couple inches of good black ice... with some zones of unfrozen slush in between... not my favorite kind of ice to venture out on... Good luck if you go... Later J

Offline Madplumber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch & Release
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2017, 06:32 PM »
I would be real carful now Hyrum got over 20" of snow today and still snowing

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2017, 01:24 PM »
Last thing I heard was 30" of snow on the ice, but with the rapid weather shift over night I'm sure the snow has settled down and I fear the slush monster is growing... Anyone have a fresh report as of Monday? Also did they get snowmobiles on the ice over this past weekend? I'm concerned with the deep snow, the ice may not grow to a safe thickness very quick this year... thanks J

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Larry reported that Hyrum is very sketchy on 1-11-17, said edge margins are over 6 feet wide and when he tried the ice with his spud bar it went right through the ice he could reach... other reports said there may be a tent off the dam, but that wasn't confirmed... Thinking that it's a use with extreme caution at this time.... Later J

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2017, 05:22 PM »
You WILL need a plank!   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.