Author Topic: fish lake  (Read 829 times)

Offline UTman

• IceShanty Rookie
fish lake
« on: Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM »
 headed down to fish  lake  for the first time in 3 weeks  just trying to get  some info that would be good to know for fishing on the ice there.  I  know the wind is supposedly  pretty  bad  but any other info for catching fish or  what works best would be helpful.  thank you  all very much  for the time.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: fish lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 02:09 PM »
I have not seen much on fish lake this year.  It appears that the freeze up is around the week of christmas into new years and the "W" can get pretty bad in the afternoon. Fish outside of the weed beds that circle the edge of the lake and if you want to try at some perch or lakers head to deeper waters. Only 2nd hand info here as i have never fished there but do plan on knocking it off the bucket list one day. Hopefully some other shanty members that have been there will chime in for you  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Rainbows suspend at 12-18' under the ice. If you have electronics, I would go deep for lakers and look for bows swimming by. If you fish the weeds near the boat docks there are plenty of perch to be had. Green glow rat finikee is my first choice for bows. Buckshot in red for lakers. For perch, try a noodle rod with a tungsten jig tipped with a waxie. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2014, 01:39 AM »
wait there is ice on fish lake?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.