Author Topic: New to Utah.....  (Read 644 times)

Offline Cmansportsboy

• IceShanty Rookie
New to Utah.....
« on: Dec 15, 2014, 06:52 PM »
Well my dad just got a job in Utah so I will be moving there sometime in February. Think any ice will be there?? I also need to know what type of bait to get. Living in indiana is a totally different ball game and need a few pointers.. Any help would be great thanks!!! Can't wait to meet some of you guys....
My name is Christian... and I’m addicted to ice fishing

Offline Drillguy33

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New to Utah.....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2014, 08:29 PM »
There will be plenty of ice in Feb.  last year I fished into April.  Tube jigs, paddle bugs, ratfinkees, cutter bugs etc
When I'm not fishing i'm thinking about fishing

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2014, 09:49 PM »
Welcome to Utah in February Cmansportsboy, Panfish tactics should be the same for you here as there. You might even have a few tricks of your own they haven't seen here. Trout on the other hand, as drillguy posted is a good start. White, pink and chartruse are always good colors to start with. No live bait allowed here.  Waxies, crawlers & mealies are pretty much the standard bait. The gulp products have there times also and tend to stay on better. There will be plenty of ice around here then. Its just getting started this year that's the problem
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2014, 08:08 AM »
Welcome Cmansportsboy !  Drillguy and Muskyon pretty much covered the Basics . Feb is a great time to Ice fish in Utah.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.