The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fort Peck  (Read 578 times)

Offline Evan_35

• IceShanty Rookie
Fort Peck
« on: Feb 20, 2015, 01:46 PM »
First I would just like to say that this message board has been a valuable resource for me and everyone has been really helpful.  I will be going to Fort Peck March 5-8 and staying at Hell Creek Marina.  This will be my first time fishing at Peck and in Montana so any information or tips people have would be appreciated.  Things like live bait and six lines at a time are all new to me. Do guys usually have all six lines out? Whats the best way to store the live bait so they don't die? Thanks in advance.

Offline fishin7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't know unless you go!
Re: Fort Peck
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2015, 02:44 PM »
First thing is stop and talk to the people at the Marina and find out about the ice.  Such as where the pressure ridges are located and how the ice is toward the main.  Bring big minnows, bigger the better.  The marina has them but I heard they have been running short so I would make sure to bring some.  As far as the six lines, it just depends on if you want to jig or not.  I usually put out 5 and then my sixth line is my jigging rod.  Then if I head in for the night I put out the 6th tip up.  Just use any 5 gallon bucket with a lid and aerator for your minnows and change the water occasionally and your minnows should be fine.   Depending on if you are bringing wheelers or not and how far from the marina you are wanting to venture, but you can find all the Northerns you need in the bay.  Usually the closer to the main lake you get the more walleye and Lakers you will get into.  As any fishery just find points, drops or flats and you should find fish.  Good Luck!! ;D     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.