The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Best fishin report (recent)?  (Read 686 times)

Offline chumslick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><(((*>
Best fishin report (recent)?
« on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Looking for the best place to go this weekend. I know this is a huge question but want to show my 6-year old daughter the best success. I was thinking of Fort Peck or Nelson, or is Georgetown still great for kokes? Any ideas or suggestions?

Offline NordicJigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best fishin report (recent)?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Nelson is tough to beat for just plain old catchin' fish. That's where my kids and I go. If I get more serious I'll venture down on Ft Peck to some of the different bays.

Or Bailey's south of Kremlin is usually a good bet too.

Offline chumslick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><(((*>
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2013, 12:12 PM »
Thank you. Never heard of Baileys...will look into that. Any recent reports? Sorry, just tryin not to waste time.

Offline NordicJigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:57 PM »
I'll be at Nelson on Saturday. Haven't really heard a report of late. Couple weeks ago the perch were hitting.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:39 PM »
I don't know about your child but most young kids don't have the greatest attention span.  Not saying yours doesn't, just my experience.  That said I'd keep it close to home.  Not that a good road trip isn't fun but I know I hated road trips when I was young.  I'd keep it short and sweet and try to catch a bunch of them.  Georgetown would be a good bet and it's the closest of the ones you mentioned.  It's still about 2 hours from Bozeman and it can be COLD up there but you can just about expect to catch something.  My self personally, the EGRA is a great place for kids and tons of fish to keep them busy, really close.  The pond by the mall you can catch 20 fish in an hour.  Same with the ponds off Oak.  Canyon Ferry can be really good for trout and they are pretty good size and not to far.  Causeway as well, you can catch quite a few trout there and not much farther than CF
A young kid will have a bunch of fun no matter what as long as they are occupied, just my .02
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.