Author Topic: Gas auger deals / recommendations?  (Read 800 times)

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
Gas auger deals / recommendations?
« on: Jan 03, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Looking for recommendations on a gas auger.  I had years ago a Jiffy but got away from fishing and my neighbour borrowed it and it was never the same.  It sat for years and eventually gathered dust and the carb gummed up, I ended up giving it to the brother in-law.  ::)

So now I'm back at it and just using a fin-bore hand auger but looking wanting to ad to my gear.

I have read here and there about plastic parts gears? on some and wanted to know who makes what etc.

Eskimo, Rapala, Jiffy?  Canadiantire, Sail, Cabelas or?

I don't want to pay top dollar so likely a 33cc model.

Appreciate any help. 

Mark       

Offline Digem1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Gas auger deals / recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Know it's not a gas auger but I'd strongly consider looking at an electric model. That or a decent drill with a clam plate or adaptor for your hand auger. Much lighter, not having to clean carbs and what not every year. Fished with one of the ION 8" augers and seems to last a long long time.

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Gas auger deals / recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2019, 08:39 PM »
I found a new Rapala Pro Select Nitro 43cc that I'm picking up this weekend.  From what I understand it is the same as an Eskimo Mako which seem to have decent reviews.

Sorry for the post everyone, I should have done my research through the many threads and gone from there.

Looking forward to getting on the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.