Author Topic: Lake Of Bays M & G for Speckles,Whities and Lakers  (Read 6505 times)

trapperdirk

Lake Of Bays M & G for Speckles,Whities and Lakers
« on: Feb 01, 2005, 08:03 AM »
Some of us are working on a meet and greet through another board sometime in March on this big lake . If you wish to join us or have special needs to be able to go, then please feel free to PM me or use E-mail and we will do our best to accomodate you and have already taken some folks challenges into consideration while we chose the spot .
  William H Buffy you have mail and are good to go .

TD

William H. Buffy

Re: Lake Of Bays M & G for Speckles,Whities and Lakers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2005, 08:10 AM »
Thanks Trapper!  Should be a great time.  I'm looking forward to it!

Offline GBFISHER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2005, 01:08 PM »
 ;D
Go Fish!........crush a gobie!

Hawk

« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Here's a lake I haven't fished in decades....any reports from up there?  I hope I can make it :-\  Will there be a friendly derby?!?!?!? ???  I'll throw in a nice bottle of 'somethin' as a prize and maybe some tackle.  Trapperdirk will you be there ???
Who else is coming.

trapperdirk

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2005, 04:59 PM »
I will be there for sure Hawk .No if ands or buts about that . ;) I do believe I'm even having you as a guest if my memory serves me correctly and some others . ;) ;D

TD

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2005, 06:02 PM »
ANy Date TD? ALso parking spots? SOunds like a good month to go.....Im guessing before the 15? :>:> LEt me know ., ill most likely be up there anyhow:> TIght lines
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

gonz

« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2005, 06:33 PM »
BRING ON THE SPECKS GONZOS IN :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: ;D ;D ;D

Chuck Enwinde

« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2005, 12:12 AM »
Here's a lake I haven't fished in decades....any reports from up there?  I hope I can make it :-\  Will there be a friendly derby?!?!?!? ???  I'll throw in a nice bottle of 'somethin' as a prize and maybe some tackle.  Trapperdirk will you be there ???
Who else is coming.

Not a real detailed report but a friend got 6# Laker off of Bigwin Is. on Sunday.  I've got plans to head up to LOB in a couple weeks - I'll try to get an update for you guys.

Offline fishing4life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2005, 04:37 PM »
As long as I don't have to work I'm in.

cheers!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Chuck Enwinde

« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2005, 02:44 AM »
We hit Lake of Bays on Saturday off the government docks in Dwight.  We went out just passed the huts and set up for most of the day.  Around 11:00 the flag went up and I pulled in my first Ling ever - it went an even 24".  At around 12:00 one of the rods almost went down the whole and my buddy ended up icing a nice laker also at 24".  The last fish of the day came around 3:00pm while I was out in front of the channel on the west side of the bay (nothing doing there) it was a smaller Laker caught by my brother.  We also caught quite a few smelt and small perch on the smaller minnows.

Speaking to some of the locals in the huts it seems like that particular area has been slow for the most part this season.   The bigger of the trout was stuffed to the gills with good size smelt which could explain their luck thus far.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2005, 07:14 AM »
Tell me he kept the ling........Please tell me he did!!!! ;D ;D
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Chuck Enwinde

« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2005, 11:18 PM »
Released into a pan of garlic butter and thoroughly enjoyed.

trapperdirk

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2005, 02:44 AM »
Released into a pan of garlic butter and thoroughly enjoyed.

That's what we like to hear Chuck,,, and man the squeeling from Germ otherwise would have been unbearable . LOL ;D Kill and cook the ling ,,,,for our ling king,,,,,,,,GERM ;D

TD

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2005, 08:47 AM »
I liked that released into a pan of garlic butter part...Thats the sort of Catch and Release i like to hear about Ling...LOL, Will try for them again myselfr next weekend:> Tight lines yall!

trapperdirk

« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Bringing this back to the top . The LOB M&G is going to be held on Mar 12 for members of Iceshanty and Anglersontario . All are invited to attend and some of us will be hitting a lake in the Burks Falls area later in the afternoon for some pike,pickeral and ling action and some lakers at lake X the next day .If your able to attend with friends then let us know and hopefully we get onto the fish but it will be fun regardless . ;D Lake of Bays has whities,speckles,lakers and ling and even the odd rainbow .

TD

Hawk

« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Looking forward to the m&g and I already told my wife I'll be gone for 3 days.  I hope that my work doesn't obstruct the trip.  Its gonna be a good time and hope we catch some fish.

Offline fishing4life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Looks like bad timing for me trapper.  I have to be in ottawa from the 10th thru to the 13th.  I'm really disapoited that I'm missing this one.  Anyway best of luck to all that will be attending.

Cheers!!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Offline Whisper Woman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2005, 09:44 AM »
You guys missed a great day... We all had a good time... Look forward to the next one....
Keeping Kids Warm  needs your help

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.