Author Topic: Ice Fisherman's worst enemy.  (Read 11832 times)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
Re: Ice Fisherman's worst enemy.
« Reply #60 on: Oct 14, 2006, 10:50 PM »
The idiot that's standing on your loose tipup line as you are brining a catch to the hole that you've been waiting for all morning ! Makes ya want to choke them and stuff them down a hole !

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #61 on: Oct 15, 2006, 09:52 AM »
most snowmobilers are cool with me.  every once and awhile, you get that group of young drunk guys, and they wanna act c**ky on their vroom vrooms.  ever see a lake get overrun with snowmobilers? that sucks.  back and forth, all day on their "machines" back and forth baaack and forth at 60 mph.  i dont like wind
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #62 on: Oct 15, 2006, 11:07 AM »
We have a bay < Braddocks Bay > like that here !
Under normal conditions they have a lot of room to go ride their sleds but they still insist on going rite through everyone and their tip-up's .
I don't think anyone minds the fact that sleds are their sport of choice but all we as fisherman ask is show a little respect and courtesy and stay away from our lines especially when you have a mess of room to ride away from the fisherman .

Had a guy hit one of mine a couple of years ago and he did stop and offer to pay for it if it were broke but it was ok . Told him it was nice that he stopped and asked and I appreciated it but please do us all a favor and just ride in the open areas before someone lost their temper because he was really making a lot of people mad .
He was cool about it and rode elsware .

Offline presque64

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Just my luck...
« Reply #63 on: Oct 15, 2006, 07:59 PM »
I would have to say #1 & #5. Never had a tip up hit by a sled but some have come close. Plus here in Michigan the weather changes every 5 minutes. Seem we can go from rain to deep freeze in one afternoon.

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #64 on: Oct 15, 2006, 08:56 PM »
temps above freezing and litter. not real fond of the wind either.

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #65 on: Oct 16, 2006, 03:26 PM »
I hate it when the action is so fast that my coffee has time to freeze...  no wait, I don't hate that...  yes I do... no I don't...  YES, I do...  NO I don't...   AAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh!

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
« Reply #66 on: Oct 17, 2006, 04:42 PM »
When the guy that was supposed to pick up the beer Saturday night forgets and you can't buy it until noon on Sunday :'(...Oh wait that was last year.  Law just changed in NY, now you can get it at 8AM on Sundays :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:  The first good legislation to come out of Albany in a few decades.
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #67 on: Oct 17, 2006, 06:05 PM »
I would have to say the snowmobiler that goes from bar to bar back and forth across the lake.I fish alot in the dark for walleye on chautauqua lake and have had them come within feet of my clam!!! I actually this year bought blinking lights to fasten to the outside of my clam.I have no clue how far away they can see an ice hut, the huts do have reflective tape on them.They are usually going about 60mph.
   I also hate it when the ice is 4 inches thick and the goof ball wants to pull up and park next to me and ask me how thick the ice is.I usually say not thick enough to be sitting still with that machine so could you please move.(have actually had this happen to often)
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Oct 18, 2006, 08:06 PM »
to drive a car or any vehicle on 4 inches of ice is EXTREMELY dangerous!  I'm suprised he didn't go through.
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Oct 18, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Oh sorry I misread your post.  it was a snowmobile, not a car.  Still, even then, 4 inches I think is pushing it.
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline shawnparr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Oct 18, 2006, 10:44 PM »
What I have issues with is when the ice just gets safe enough to put the shak out , but not good enough to drill holes under it with out the water flooding you out, and when you get out there some guy drilled 5 holes within 3 feet from the shak and now your sitting in water up to your ankles, so then you go to move the shak with the atv, you suddenly slip and fall on your arsh.  Makes for a quick trip back home to change. >:(.       Almost forgot about the owner of the boat launch not tending to his dogs, and having these   4 legged vaulchers stealing ever peice of food out of your 4 yr old daughters hands, and knocking her down.  But I know this someone that found some old sausage and feed them to the dogs.  Rumor had I it they had the poop poos  in the house. 

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #71 on: Oct 19, 2006, 11:12 AM »
What I have issues with is when the ice just gets safe enough to put the shak out , but not good enough to drill holes under it with out the water flooding you out, and when you get out there some guy drilled 5 holes within 3 feet from the shak and now your sitting in water up to your ankles, so then you go to move the shak with the atv, you suddenly slip and fall on your arsh.  Makes for a quick trip back home to change. >:(.       Almost forgot about the owner of the boat launch not tending to his dogs, and having these   4 legged vaulchers stealing ever peice of food out of your 4 yr old daughters hands, and knocking her down.  But I know this someone that found some old sausage and feed them to the dogs.  Rumor had I it they had the poop poos  in the house. 

I guess my question would be "Where did ya get the sausage?". :woot: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)2 >:D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline knotreelly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Oct 19, 2006, 12:23 PM »
the adults or kids that prefer to play by your sticks and not theirs.  >:(

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #73 on: Oct 19, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Mu brother had a dog that used to love to pee on ice rods and tipups. I guess dogs running at large would be one of mine.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #74 on: Oct 20, 2006, 01:16 AM »
summer ;D that has to be #1

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #75 on: Oct 20, 2006, 12:53 PM »
the adults or kids that prefer to play by your sticks and not theirs.  >:(

so telling them to 'go play by someone elses tip ups is wrong?? ;D

Offline tumbleweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Oct 20, 2006, 06:57 PM »
In Wyoming it is "Greenies", people from the Front Range of Colorado. Because they don't fish the lakes on a regular basis they tend to set up right next to someone with Wyoming tags on their trucks. I riles me when there is 5000 acres of hard water, two shacks set up on the whole lake and they put their high dollar Frabils within a stones throw...errrrrr!

...Hmph, I been settin' so long my old behinder is stiff..." Doig's Grandma

Offline Big W

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #77 on: Oct 21, 2006, 08:11 AM »
Ice Fisherman's worst enemy
*  summer
*  People who ask "How thick is the ice?"
*  People who drive their four-wheelers right next to your tip-ups
*  thin ice (having to pull your brother out of Little Sturgeon bay)
*  forgeting your license when the warden stops by.

Big W
Big W

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.