Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Heavy rocks onto the ice  (Read 510 times)

Offline ZEKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Heavy rocks onto the ice
« on: Dec 01, 2013, 02:04 PM »
If you are the Person/Person's throwing the rocks what does this prove? How high in the air do you have to throw this 2lbs rock to prove that the ice will hold a 200lbs person? If the first rock does not go through the ice then what will the second rock that you toss tell you? Is there a noise or a voice that you are listening for that tells you your good to go ahead and walk out . These so called ice testers that you are chucking are along the shore for a reason they were put there to stop the shore from eroding. When it snow's and yes it will snow these so called ice testers are now trip hazards, They damage Snowmobile, ATV, Sleds,

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Heavy rocks onto the ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2013, 10:27 PM »
Know what you mean Zeke.  They even do it in open water time.  In October I went to Ada Hayden got all ready to launch the boat and started backing down the ramp.  Whomp, thought what the heck.  Pulled ahead again and tried with the same results.  3rd time I moved over a little and the boat bounced but got it in the water.  I suppose some big strong football player took numerous boulders off the end of the dock and walked out their and threw them onto the boat ramp.  I could see one but they were numerous and beings it was a windy day I had a thunder of a time getting the boat loaded again.

Offline hawkfan24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Saw some rocks out on Ada Hayden last Friday already.  Seems like some idiot just cannot wait to get to Brushy at first skim and heave rocks off of each jetty.  I wonder if these rock throwers ever ruin their augers?

Offline ncraun35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2013, 12:07 PM »
Rocks on Volga too.  I am a little curious now though... How high do you have to throw a 2lb rock to know it is safe for a 200lb person?  I know I can hit it really hard with my spud bar. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.