Author Topic: ATV set-up - let's see some pictures of yours  (Read 13069 times)

Offline Captain

• IceShanty Rookie
ATV set-up - let's see some pictures of yours
« on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:31 AM »
I don't usually use my ATV for ice fishing, either because I don't need to or not allowed to, but I have plans to go a larger body of water where they are allowed.  I'm not sure how I want to set it up to haul my bucket of tip-ups and rods, my minnow bucket, hand auger, my flasher, bench top gas grill, food and everything else that I want and think I need.  Let's see some pictures of yours all loaded up so I can get some ideas.  I don't think I have time to build a tow-behind sled for it all and it seems buckets could be trickey to strap down.  I have a Polaris Sportsman 500, so I have a front and rear rack.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ATV set-up - let's see some pictures of yours
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:53 AM »
There's a great thread in the ice fishing transportation forum, it has dozens of store bought and homemade gadgets for stowing equipment.  Not sure there's going to be an easy answer for taking all that out with you, with out building or purchasing something for those buckets of tip ups and minnows.

Offline Captain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Okay thanks, I'll search there as well.  But feel free to post some pictures here as well.

Offline DEADONDYLAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:59 PM »
it's a 98 400 prairiea kolpin gun holder and part of a donor tree standmore treestand action long rack slides into mount still need some grips on the mount then with the scout loaded

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010, 06:27 PM »
I am pulling doubles!!! ;D gonna need a permit if the train gets any longer

my 14 ft trailer almost not big enough

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Glad I have doubles endorsement on my CDL...   Yamaha grizzly, dog sled, trekker II, X67c in the bucket....

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:07 AM »
I only dragged my sled shanty once with my RZR and on glare ice. The hard part was keeping the sled directly behind me and not getting the tow bar into the rear tires. By the end of the day my tow bar was mangled and it was apparent that I could only use the ATV to drag if the ice had a snow cover.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline rayman54

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Home made drop rack,,,,,

home made auger rack,,,,

ready to roll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Offline Fishin2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2010, 09:18 AM »
I have a 3 ring bucket carrier on my atv. No pics yet, but I'll try. It will carry, vex bucket, poles, tip-ups, and fish bucket, easy 75 lbs. I think Cabela's sells em. Auger on the front or across the rear rack, drag the trappro in a magnum otter sled. Voila. Now need the cold weather back, PPLEEAASSEE, ice is diminishing fast around here. Mike

Offline Captain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:06 AM »
Thanks for all the replies and pictures.  I'll have to check into the 3 ring bucket carrier.   :thumbsup:

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:22 AM »
Here's my old 2WD Honda Fourtrax before I sold it this fall, folding 3-bucket rack and Mad Dog ice auger mount and a whole lot of bungee cords.

Carried my Vex, tip ups, propane stove and heater, tackle boxes and jigging rods in the buckets, the 10" jiffy in the auger mount, and a spud bar, shovel and tent poles bungee'd under the auger. Tent and ice anchors are in the Action Packer on the front of the bike.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline Fishin Nut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • God Bles America
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:33 AM »
My Arctic Cat is set up for logging and working around my property. Not many places in RI that we can get our rigs on, but if need be, she's ready for the task.  I have a hitch haul for the receiver in the back I carry camping gear when we head out back. The second pic was rigged for a block party we have a few times a year.

Never Forget 9/11/01

Offline Captain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2010, 12:15 PM »
My Arctic Cat is set up for logging and working around my property. Not many places in RI that we can get our rigs on, but if need be, she's ready for the task.  I have a hitch haul for the receiver in the back I carry camping gear when we head out back. The second pic was rigged for a block party we have a few times a year.
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Wow!  That's pretty clean for a logging rig.  Looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

Offline Fishin Nut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • God Bles America
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2010, 12:35 PM »
haha, Thanks Captain,  she works her tail come loggin season and plows snow all winter but the pressure washer and cleaner I use keeps the plastics in new condition. She's an 2004. ;)
Never Forget 9/11/01

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.