Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607145 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16110 on: Jun 23, 2019, 05:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to be a hot day today. My wife is working today so just me and the pup. Got a ride to church yesterday and was there longer then usual. Went to confession and the more kneeling did a job on my back so it was a tough night.

Mason Eddie, That’s good your arm held up yesterday. Go slow with the yard work today.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you had a better night and the pain was managed.

IFF, How did it go yesterday on the register? Maybe the customers missed the grilling.

WallyWorld, Did Mr WW get the coolant leak fixed?

I hope everyone has a great day and stays safe and hydrated today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16111 on: Jun 23, 2019, 05:52 AM »

Good morning Eddie, I-45, ER's,
                                It's %7* and clear skies, another nice day ahead. ::)
                                Eddie...........I'm glad to read that your arm held up to the task yesterday, but still watch it today doing yard work. :flex:
                                I-45.............One thing I've learned that if things I do hurt a part of my body I don't do it. :whistle:
                                Marv............Hydroc odone has made me sick only one time, I can't remember what I ate before I took it, sounds about right
                        that sweets being the culprit. ??? I hope you got a better nights sleep last night. ???
                                H2L.............Wow a 15" rise, I know lakes are generally in lower place to drain the higher places, I know that there are lots
                        of streams feeding the lake. Bruce Brownell once told me that your lake changes water faster than Lake George. ::)
                                Wally............I hope your garden is getting a boost with these nice days. :flex:
                                Steve............My arthritis meds can't get here fast enough, then it will take a few days to get them to kick in. :%$#!:
                                The lawn mowing went well yesterday, I took my time so no added pain. :thumbsup: Then last night my neighbor called
                        and invited me over for a fire, got home around 11pm.
                                Not much going on today some laundry and shopping. I think I'll take my wife out to dinner tonight.
                                I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out enjoying the sunshine!

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16112 on: Jun 23, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to all involved in the horrific bike accident in NH, friends, family, first responders and those nearby that jumped in to help  :'(   

WS.....hope you were able to get some rest and you're feeling better today  :)   

IF45.....sorry to hear the kneeling caused you more pain  :(

Eddie......glad the arm held up yesterday  :thumbsup: :flex: 

MrC.....agrree it would be nice to not have high humidity roll in too quickly, think we've all earned some nice comfortable weather for awhile  :whistle:

IFF.....I see parts of Colorado got 2 feet of snow Friday to welcome summer  ???  :o  :blink:

IW.....glad you aren't suffering more pain after mowing yesterday   :clap: 

TT.....fingers crossed you get to turn your furnace off for the summer sometime soon  ::)  good luck with seeling the toon if that's what you decide to do  ;)

MrWW did find and fix the leak yesterday  :bow: :flex: :thumbsup:  hoping this is the last of the vehicle issues for awhile, seems it's been one thing after another lately  ::)  not looking for a car payment but don't want to be "nickel and dimed" to pieces either  :pinch:  think I'll buy MrWW lunch today for all his free labor  ;)2

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16113 on: Jun 23, 2019, 06:41 AM »
Sunny and 55* this morning.

WW, glad Mr.WW took care of the car and for only lunch.

Eddie, good that the weekend job went well. Don't over do it today, you have to go back to the zoo in the morning. Looks like Dick will be coming up for 2 days this week. I went a picked up 10 doz worms yesterday.

IW, looks like the lake has leveled off. It came up a total of 18" and is just 6" from going over the spillway again. I went to school with Ron Brownell, his brother.

Think most of the geese lost their nest with the high water. Only have seen one family of 4 small ones, but those 4 have lots of parents looking out for them. Also, saw the eagle perched on it's normal limb yesterday. I figure it has been on a nest somewhere.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16114 on: Jun 23, 2019, 06:54 AM »
I forgot to mention that yesterday Laverne & Shirley came out of the tall grass with 7 little chicks  :clap: :thumbsup:  not the greatest hatch ever but at least not a total wash (no pun intended ;D) couldn't get a picture of them but I'll keep trying, they're awfully small yet

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16115 on: Jun 23, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Rain and drizzle here, supposed to be with us most of the day.

WW yesterday afternoon we also had a hen visitor with about 6-7 Chicks. At first I thought maybe there were sparrows eating with the hen but soon it was obvious she brought the kids. I took a picture of them but the chicks didn't show up very well.

Eddie glad your job went well :thumbsup:

IW enjoy your evening Sir, sounds like a great night in the making  :thumbsup:

Last night was a good one for me, I slept like a rock. I haven't had any pain medicine since noon yesterday and all is well . I have a couple of stitches pulling but I can handle that.

No talk of any PT, they sounded happy with what I normally do as long as I dial it back.

Hope you all have an excellent day  :thumbsup:
Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16116 on: Jun 23, 2019, 08:01 AM »
55* to start the day. The furnace should not run next week as the highs are guessed to be in the 80's. hopefully the guessers are wrong on that. Rain is guessed for tonight and tomorrow. None guessed for after that.

I lost track of the number of hours I spent with the power washer yesterday blasting the algae out of the carpet on the toon. If I was going to redo the floor of the toon it would be with vinyl. I need to get some spray to water proof the Bimini today before I put it on today. Then I need to change the lube in the lower unit. Only a little more cleanup up and it is ready to go in the water. We still have not decided if we are going to sell it or not. It will not be until mid week before it gets put in the water.

eddie My granddaughter got involved with a house that had been condemned. I do not know how many big dumpsters they took out of it before they could get started fixing it up. I wish I could have been able to finish the dry wall. They have been sanding between coats which is not necessary if the coats are put on right. New walls had to be put in the basement as they were in bad shape. She is going to college and working so it has been a slow go.

I have never had any issues with the Norco I take. Never have felt high from it or any other issues. A prescription lasts a long time past when I could have used it up but I still have to take some blood work to make sure I am not addicted every so often.

ww I have not seen any young turkeys yet but I have not been traveling around much. It is good that your husband coulld get the leak fixed. You need to take him out for an expensive dinner not to Mcdonalds as that would cost way less than haivng to pay a mechanic to fix the leak.

H2L There is a lot of flooding along the rivers in the southern part of the state from the heavy rains last week. There are three big impoundments not far from me on a major river. Theye let the level down in them all winter to get ready for the spring run off. They have been up to full pool for a long time but have not had any issues with over flowing.
They captured and removed a few more geese off of the lake last week. The had taken some off the lake earlier. When the good guy on the board told me about them doing it i just laughed as I saw a flock of 20 more geese headed for the lake at the same time they were taking the last few off of the lake.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16117 on: Jun 23, 2019, 05:18 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

We were sitting downstairs watching TV when I spotted a turkey (poult) walk up to our back step followed by a six more. By the time I grabbed my phone Mom had steered them away from the house toward the middle of the yard. Just as I snapped the picture she spazzed out beating her wings running in circles. We spotted a small hawk (sparrow?) glide over the top of the clutch and she was ready to kick it's butt Lol Good stuff.

I will post a picture of the family plus a couple of interesting turkey facts.

Hope you all have had a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

https://forestsociety.org/something-wild/three-cool-facts-about-turkeys

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16118 on: Jun 23, 2019, 06:30 PM »
That’s awesome  :)  Thanks for sharing!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16119 on: Jun 23, 2019, 06:51 PM »
WW yeah on the snow, go figure lol.  Anymore, as we say, well that's Colorado for ya. Inch and quarter of rain here.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16120 on: Jun 23, 2019, 06:59 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

We were sitting downstairs watching TV when I spotted a turkey (poult) walk up to our back step followed by a six more. By the time I grabbed my phone Mom had steered them away from the house toward the middle of the yard. Just as I snapped the picture she spazzed out beating her wings running in circles. We spotted a small hawk (sparrow?) glide over the top of the clutch and she was ready to kick it's butt Lol Good stuff.

I will post a picture of the family plus a couple of interesting turkey facts.

Hope you all have had a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS
Thank you for sharing that. That hawk would have had a fight on its hands. Turkeys are mean creatures.
(Image removed from quote.)

https://forestsociety.org/something-wild/three-cool-facts-about-turkeys
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16121 on: Jun 23, 2019, 10:08 PM »
Good evening another beautiful day here next expected rain on Tuesday then warmer dry days.
Eddie good to hear your arm held up through the block foundation repair. Best to your buddy's BIL with the flip.
Icefisher-45 you should talk with your priest/minister and see if it would be alright for you to stay seated for majority of the service don't think there will be a problem given your medical condition.
Wallyworld glad Mr.WW found and fixed the coolant leak. may Laverne and Shirley do a good job of protecting and raising their young. Wylie coyote may still be in the neighborhood.
Hunts2long may your area of NY. see a period of sunny dry days so water level in GSL drops enough flood damage in other parts of the state.
Whopper Stopper happy you slept better yesterday. Slowly build up the length of any walks as your knee heals. Enjoy the turkey family be careful around your house so mom does not come after you hope none of the babies get into your home. Thank you for the photo and turkey facts link.
Tom Turkey may the remaining work on pontoon go well and it be on the water soon for you to enjoy or sell. IF the geese population in MI. is similar to New York's the assocc. will not be able to keep lake geese free. In the last 40 to 45 years the Canadian geese population has rebounded greatly in my area. Best to your grand daughter with the house project.
IFF how was your day being a cashier.I've heard some folks are still ice fishing in the higher elevation areas of your state.

A good night to all.
 Steve

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16122 on: Jun 24, 2019, 04:21 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before heading out to the lake  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16123 on: Jun 24, 2019, 05:26 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                            It's 58* and clear as a bell out. Why do es the saying go "Clear As A Bell". ::)
                            Wally..........Good luck out on the lake, I hope those Eyes are biting. ???
                            Marv...........I'm glads to read that the pain has subsided and you don't have to take the Hydrocodone.  :thumbsup: :clap:
                            Steve..........This has been a nice stretch of weather, if it has to rain I wish it would rain at night then clear up for the day. ???
                            Tom............Good luck with the toon work, if you sell it are you planning on getting something else. You'd miss it for sure. :blink:
                            I-45............How are things going for you today? ???
                            Not much going on today, PT at 1 pm.
                             hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the water.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16124 on: Jun 24, 2019, 05:40 AM »
Good Morning ER's good luck to WW and Mr. WW fishing today. IW hope your PT goes well. Spent some time up in WI Dells over the weekend and talked to a couple visiting from Georgia was able to save them a ton of cash with freebies. The WI River claimed the life of a 11 year old a couple days back. While beautiful the river is dangerous for swimmers. Hope to get out this week the bait is still holding out. Have a god day all.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16125 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:06 AM »
54* and sunny. Rain in the forecast for Tuesday but the rest of the week looks OK. Will be fishing Wed, Thurs. and maybe Friday. We will see how we do getting fish for Dick's freezer.

WS, I haven't seen any young turkey's let this year. This wet spring didn't help. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Mr. Clean, we had a nice weekend. Lots of sun and not too hot.

WW, things should really be picking up with these sunny days. Have a good day and look forward to your report.

IW, good luck with the PT today.

OG, water can be very dangerous as we all know. Thoughts with the family. Good luck using up that bait.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16126 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a nice day in the 80s today. Headache won’t go away. Hoping they figure something out.

Hunts2long, Hopefully you’ll be able to go fishing this week. I swear the weatherman have been wrong quite a bit so far.

Old Goat, prayers and thoughts for the family of the 11 yr old.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck with pt today.

WallyWorld, Good luck to you and Mr WW on the water today.

Mr Clean, I never thought about asking the priest if I could sit. I’ll do that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Prayers for the families and friends of the motorcyclist who were killed and injured in that accident in NH.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16127 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:41 AM »

60 heading into the 70's later on today. We are coming off a couple of wet days, once it straightens out we are in line for a stretch of warm days.

WW best of luck to you both today on the water :thumbsup: I hope it's a good day out there.

IW best of luck with the PT :thumbsup:  Hope your night out went well :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

Another day of hanging low. I took the bandage off this morning and was pretty disappointed looking at the wound. I have had better cuts from a handsaw. I am surprised they even used thread Lol. I told my wife it looks like I will be back outside before the weeks end working on my list............ :nono: I will leave it there  ;D

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16128 on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:18 AM »
Steve, looks like this morning would have been a good day to take off and go fishing.  Had the last walleye for supper last night.  Closing shift for me, did manage to get the lawn mowed yesterday, still needs some trimming, and some branches trimmed off tree by driveway, almost down to the windshield.  One of the cashiers is now the receiving clerk.  Guess I am it for today.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16129 on: Jun 24, 2019, 09:36 AM »
A little rain over night and still some light stuff coming down.

I got the bimini put back on the toon yesterday, then I noticed a small spot with some loose thread. Hopefully I do not need to take it off to stich it up like I did to a couple of spots before I put it on. The only thing  that will get done today is to store the cover and props in the top of the garage plus clean  up the two fishing seats. It still needs a little more power washing on the carpet.

IW We have not used the toon enough the last few years to make it worth while keeping actually. I have a small row boat if I want to fish for the non existant fish.

WS Those scars will disappear in time. I can not even find mine any more. Did they give you any before and after pictures inside your knee?

One thing that they did not mention in the link is that if a hen trukey loses her first clucth of eggs before she starts to set on them she will likely start another nest. That is the reason we see some small poults late in the summer around here

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16130 on: Jun 24, 2019, 09:49 AM »
WS Those scars will disappear in time. I can not even find mine any more. Did they give you any before and after pictures inside your knee?

They never gave me any to keep at least not as of yet. We did go over my pictures before the surgery so I could see what they were going to do.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16131 on: Jun 24, 2019, 12:17 PM »
Good day cloudy skies but dry heading to the mid eighties by this afternoon. Weather guessers say rain will arrive over night and last into Tuesday. A friendly reminder to my fellow New Yorkers tomorrow is Primary day some if you are registered member of a political party get out and vote believe polls are open from 12PM to 9PM maybe longer hours in some counties.
Wallyworld have a safe trip. Best to you and Mr.WW out on the lake.
Ice Wanderer may today's PT not be to painful for you ,are you able to pick up your arthritis meds. while at the Va Hospital.
Old Goat nice of you to share freebie offer with couple visiting from Georgia. Guess it is the time of year when we start hearing about deaths and accidents on our water ways.
Hunts2long best to you and your friend with the fishing later this week.
Icefisher-45 personally have found most churches to be more considerate of members/worshipers with medical problems then in years past. Also see a lot more casual clothing being permitted no more suit jackets for men during the hot Summer months.
Whopper Stopper one of the benefits of Arthroscopic surgery is the minimal entry size and smaller or  no scars after you heal .Glad your feeling so good take it slow when you start back on your walking program and with other outside activities.
Tom Turkey are you planing to have the pontoon on the water by this weekend. Hope you can leave bimini cover on while doing the sewing repair. Thank you for sharing your knowledge of turkey behavior with us.
Eddie may you have been sort on time this morning and no visit from computer gremlins kept you from posting.

Have a good and safe Monday. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16132 on: Jun 25, 2019, 02:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Overcast and 65* this am, rain coming with a high of 77 today.

Steve..thanks for the Primary reminder.  :thumbsup:   No problems with the gremlins yesterday, just late on the rise and running behind.
  Tom...hope there’s not too much of a problem with the Bimini top and it’s an easy fix.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for the pictures, haven’t seen any young turkeys around here yet either. Take it easy breaking in that new leg buddy!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...sorry to read those headaches are still hanging around, hopefully they can get them under control soon, hang in there!    :thumbsup:
  H2.... hope the fishing trips this week with your buddy fill his freezer! If the walleyes don’t cooperate, maybe a perch fest...Good luck!   :thumbsup:
  OG...nice job helping out the couple, awesome!   :clap:
  Wally...will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope the PT went well for you yesterday.   :thumbsup:

Running a tad behind again this am, will catch up this afternoon...or late morning if we get rained out, lol.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16133 on: Jun 25, 2019, 03:55 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 64* and partly cloudy this am. ::)
                          Eddie.......I guess the early morning starts gets you out early as well, the rain line is out by Syracuse. You might get a couple of hours in. ???
                          Marv........Your knee looks a little swollen, don't push getting back to chores. :whistle: After some rain today, the guessers sat a nice stretch
                is coming our way..it's about time. ::)
                          Tom.........I guess if you don't use your toon enough to make it worth keeping, then sell. Try not to put money in to it that you won't get back
                in the sell. :blink:
                          OG..........The couple from Georgia can go home and tell how nice the people in the Midwest are. Good job on helping them out! :flex:
                          H2L.........I hope you and your friend can limit out on the Eyes. :thumbsup:
                          Wally.......It was a nice day yesterday, I hope you hammered the eyes. :thumbsup:
                          Today I will be hosting 4 of my grand children, if it rains we all will be stuck inside.
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16134 on: Jun 25, 2019, 05:13 AM »

62 heading into the 70's later today.

Eddie glad all is well with the "Gremlins".  Best wishes to you and the crew for an excellent Tuesday :thumbsup:

IW good luck with the Grand Kids, No way I could handle more than one at a time Lol

WW hope you have a good day over there, best of luck staying on the school if you head out :thumbsup:

Yesterday I went for a 1 mile walk and all went well, it actually felt good getting it stretched out. This morning I am going to do 2 miles just because it is a good drop spot. I will take it easy and stop off at a bench along the way back.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16135 on: Jun 25, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning ER's IW have fun with the little ones. I think I will go catch a few ZZZZZZ was out late.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16136 on: Jun 25, 2019, 06:57 AM »
64* and cloudy. It just rained very hard for about 10 minutes, now stopped. More on the way.

WS, they don't use the knife like they use too. Now you go "under the laser".

Eddie, I very seldom get into schools of perch. Some nice ones in here but catch most by accident.

IW, have fun with the "kids", just no volleyball....lol. Yes, hope we get at least one day of good action.

WW, I see you did well yesterday. Congrats. Sounds like a nice day on the water.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16137 on: Jun 25, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Morning all,

TT.....carpet and boats are not a good mix  :nono:  when/if ours need replacing it will be with vinyl for sure  ;)

MrC.....watched a pretty little red fox the other day standing under the bird feeder eating the cracked corn/bird seed mix just as fast as she could  :woot: 30 yards away was one of the hens watching too  :blink:  luckily I didn't see any of the little ones with her, must have been in the tall grass somewhere  :unsure:

WS....amazing what they can do surgery wise with lasers  :flex:  glad you're feeling on top of the world again, just don't forget you aren't 18 anymore   :nono:  :whistle:   :roflmao:

IW.....hope the rain moves thru quickly so you and all 4 kids can get outside and run around  ;)2

Eddie....rain hasn't been too bad here yet, hope you can get your day in  :)

H2L....thanks it was an excellent day to be out  ;)

OG......kudos on the freebies for the out of staters  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

IF45......sorry to hear the shots aren't helping much yet  :(   what's the next step  ???

Landed 16 eyes yesterday, 13 legal & 3 short along with 6 nice perch  :clap:  they ranged from 15" - 18 1/2"  (all were released)  had to quit fishing at 1 to get home and mow  ::) 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16138 on: Jun 25, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Rainy day outside. My wife is home today. She had to go over to the old house. Landlord is still saying we damaged the outdoor indoor rug in the sunroom. Fortunately my wife is a picture taker. No relief on my head. She’s going to call the neurologist to see if there is anything we can do. See the surgeon next week for the reading of the mri and to see when the next surgery will be.

WallyWorld, Looks like it was a great day on the water. Did you get your mowing done?

Whopper Stopper, Hope you had a good walk.

Ice Wanderer, I hope you have some good board games to play with the grandkids.

Mason Eddie, Hope you managed to stay dry today.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16139 on: Jun 25, 2019, 03:36 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

I down loaded this video from my game camera, thought maybe you would like it.

Hope you all have a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.