Author Topic: Have to rant about Striker  (Read 6887 times)

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
Have to rant about Striker
« on: Dec 20, 2017, 11:38 AM »
No real question or anything, I just have to rant about Striker for a minute.

I ordered a full suit from them at the Sioux Falls ice show at the beginning of November. They didn't have any sizes over 2x with them so I tried that on, and based on how it fit they suggested I order the 3x bibs and coat. They assured me they were in stock in the warehouse and that I would have them that week.

After quite a bit of back and forth and assurances that the suit had shipped, I finally find out on Dec 8th that they don't have the coat in 3x available, and hadn't actually shipped anything yet. They said they had the 3xlt coat available, so I told them to send that.

I finally get the suit last week and the bibs fit (I could go a size up), but the coat seems smaller than the 2x I tried at the show. So much smaller that the zippers won't even touch. The 2x I could at least get zipped.... Remember, this is supposed to be the size larger. Great. So I'll have to get it exchanged.

Three voice mails and two emails since last week (and one from the shop that sponsored the show) and not one damn word from them. Nothing. Silence. Well over a month of false promises and headaches and I won't even have the center piece of my safety gear for the start of my season next week.

I understand they're a small company. I understand they're busy. But you cannot just ignore your customers for over a week after a month of screwing up the order and expect to remain in business long.

At least the kid has his float suit, and I have a good Carhartt set to wear.

Ok... rant over.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Have to rant about Striker
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Dave, that really sucks. Hope somehow you get your correct coat soon! When you do finally get to deal with them, let them know how you discussed their problem on this site and how lots of people viewed how poor their customer service was to you. Perhaps it will encourage them to take measures to improve it.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Yeah, it is really frustrating. What I worry about is if there's even going to be any stock of anything left to send me by the time I get a hold of them.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2017, 12:50 PM »
so you want a 3X bib and coat in which style of striker?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2017, 12:57 PM »
wait till   guys that like striker have the seams and stitches fall apart and come undone after a few seasons.i love my striker suits but the stitching sucks.my suits have been in for repair numerous times now.and the sleeves on my striker lite coat is fraying  from rubbing against the side of my fx100.my hardwater suit crotches wont stay together.idk what suit to try next but its not going to be striker or arctic armor.im running out of options for  a good float suit.i bought a few hardwater suits on super clearance when korkys was still around so I'm not to worried about having a suit to wear. but man why my suits wont stay together is beyond me.i only wear them icefishing a few times a week.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2017, 12:59 PM »
so you want a 3X bib and coat in which style of striker?

I've got the 3x, that's what they told me to order. I don't know if the coat is sized wrong or not, but at this rate I need the 5x coat. The thing that gets me is the 3x they sent seems to be smaller than the 2x I tried on at the show (and it is marked 3xlt). The 3x bibs fit ok. I'd probably be happier with the 4x, but the 3x are not unusable by any means. It just gets me that their bibs and coat are sized so drastically different.

But it's the predator line.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:00 PM »
have you heard of clam lift yet?

i have had zero issues with my striker gear after a few seasons. in fact i just upgraded my hardwater suit to include the climate bibs (i like all black better). my gear still looks brand new.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:03 PM »
so you want size 5x dave?

i have a place i am talking on the phone with for you is why i'm asking. i could just give you their number. shipping will be 10-12$ and 25% off, but i want you to have 1st pick so a pm would be best.

i can say this, my hardwater seems a little snug on the belly and the climate seems large and a lot more so. i bought the hw in xl and also in the climate version.
i am 6' and 220#

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:04 PM »
I've got the 3x, that's what they told me to order. I don't know if the coat is sized wrong or not, but at this rate I need the 5x coat. The thing that gets me is the 3x they sent seems to be smaller than the 2x I tried on at the show (and it is marked 3xlt). The 3x bibs fit ok. I'd probably be happier with the 4x, but the 3x are not unusable by any means. It just gets me that their bibs and coat are sized so drastically different.

But it's the predator line.
dang I'm 6ft 1 and 285 and my 3x hardwater is pretty big on me.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:07 PM »
dang I'm 6ft 1 and 285 and my 3x hardwater is pretty big on me.

I'm 6' and just north of 300. I'm thinking this coat has GOT to be mis-sized.... The 3x bibs fit they're not tight, not as loose in the legs when I'm sitting as I would like, but they're not tight. The 3x predator coat is just... wrong.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:08 PM »
have you heard of clam lift yet?

i have had zero issues with my striker gear after a few seasons. in fact i just upgraded my hardwater suit to include the climate bibs (i like all black better). my gear still looks brand new.
when I wear my suits out for good I will look into these.thats the thing my suits look new too.they have told me about the material on 3x wasn't enough leftover to sew correctly in the crotch so they put a big ugly patch on mine that ripped right in half.lol

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:09 PM »
I'm 6' and just north of 300. I'm thinking this coat has GOT to be mis-sized.... The 3x bibs fit they're not tight, not as loose in the legs when I'm sitting as I would like, but they're not tight. The 3x predator coat is just... wrong.
has to be I could swim around in a 5x lol.when I 1st got my 3x coat I weighed 320 and it still fit big..

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:11 PM »
Dr I had problem with my first suit , crotch area ripped out, and I called Shawn and shipped it back and in a week they sewed a gusset on and they lasted a couple years, sold to buddy and he is still wearing it!  He has not had any problems with it since !!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Dr I had problem with my first suit , crotch area ripped out, and I called Shawn and shipped it back and in a week they sewed a gusset on and they lasted a couple years, sold to buddy and he is still wearing it!  He has not had any problems with it since !!
yeah shawn has fixed mine many times already.the thing with mine is they used the same amount of material from xl all the way to 3x so sewing them there isn't enough overlap to sew it up correctly.not worried about it being I have 4 suits but walking around with seams coming undone is not all that cool.lol

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:18 PM »
has to be I could swim around in a 5x lol.when I 1st got my 3x coat I weighed 320 and it still fit big..

Every other brand I wear is 3x.. Carhartt, Dickey's, Tough Duck.... Every other coat I own is 3x.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:22 PM »
when they get back with you striker will  make it right I'm sure.i always wondered why the never gave me a exchange on bibs instead of putting a bunch of crappy patches on mine.but fixed them with no money out of my pocket.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:30 PM »
when they get back with you striker will  make it right I'm sure.i always wondered why the never gave me a exchange on bibs instead of putting a bunch of crappy patches on mine.but fixed them with no money out of my pocket.

I'm sure they will too. The silence is just the most frustrating part.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2017, 06:11 PM »
wait till   guys that like striker have the seams and stitches fall apart and come undone after a few seasons.i love my striker suits but the stitching sucks.my suits have been in for repair numerous times now.and the sleeves on my striker lite coat is fraying  from rubbing against the side of my fx100.my hardwater suit crotches wont stay together.idk what suit to try next but its not going to be striker or arctic armor.im running out of options for  a good float suit.i bought a few hardwater suits on super clearance when korkys was still around so I'm not to worried about having a suit to wear. but man why my suits wont stay together is beyond me.i only wear them icefishing a few times a week.

your only other options for float suits are either the Ice Armor by Clam Ascent Suit or the Frabill I series of suits ( I think they float now too). As for the Ice Armor Lift Suit that has been discontinued and is now the new Ascent suit. it has been redesigned to not be as bulky as the lift suit was but it will still float you like the lift suit. one thing to note thou with the Ascent suit they only currently go up to size 3XL, there is talk of may be doing them up to 4XL next year.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:26 PM »
I think Arctic Armor is still around also.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:49 PM »
I think Arctic Armor is still around also.
brrrrr!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2017, 08:22 PM »
brrrrr!
lol, my son and I both have AA and no problems with it. I also have a  lighter weight Frabill suit for when it is warmer.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2017, 07:27 AM »
ive wore  arctic armor before and between my shoulders got cold in that suit for some reason..

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:40 AM »
ive wore  arctic armor before and between my shoulders got cold in that suit for some reason..
mine too, Brrrr!
i had to bring a down vest for when the sun started to set you'd get cold w/o it. it fit under the parka. or if it was just extra cold out. some of it was a sizing issue. they sold the parka and bib as a matching size, when i needed the parka to be one size smaller. it also wore out fast at the seams and was noisy and didn't breath at all. i still have it and wore it while plowing thinking their claim of being water proof i could at least plow during a rain one time. wrong! i got soaked, but i was glad i wasn't on ice that day.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:53 AM »
No real question or anything, I just have to rant about Striker for a minute.

I ordered a full suit from them at the Sioux Falls ice show at the beginning of November. They didn't have any sizes over 2x with them so I tried that on, and based on how it fit they suggested I order the 3x bibs and coat. They assured me they were in stock in the warehouse and that I would have them that week.

After quite a bit of back and forth and assurances that the suit had shipped, I finally find out on Dec 8th that they don't have the coat in 3x available, and hadn't actually shipped anything yet. They said they had the 3xlt coat available, so I told them to send that.

I finally get the suit last week and the bibs fit (I could go a size up), but the coat seems smaller than the 2x I tried at the show. So much smaller that the zippers won't even touch. The 2x I could at least get zipped.... Remember, this is supposed to be the size larger. Great. So I'll have to get it exchanged.

Three voice mails and two emails since last week (and one from the shop that sponsored the show) and not one damn word from them. Nothing. Silence. Well over a month of false promises and headaches and I won't even have the center piece of my safety gear for the start of my season next week.

I understand they're a small company. I understand they're busy. But you cannot just ignore your customers for over a week after a month of screwing up the order and expect to remain in business long.

At least the kid has his float suit, and I have a good Carhartt set to wear.

Ok... rant over.

I feel your pain, Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just went thru this a month ago! STILL waiting on a return call or e-mail from Striker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::) ::) ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:01 AM »
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:10 AM »
lol, my son and I both have AA and no problems with it. I also have a  lighter weight Frabill suit for when it is warmer.

I wear the AA Pro suit and have had no problems with it all.  I wear a thermal plus a hoodie under the jacket and my thermals plus sweat pants or jeans under the bibs.  I can't say I find them noticeably noisy and the fit is very comfortable for me.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:11 AM »
Sounds so familiar. I'm going on a week of daily phone calls. No return call, no answer, no contact. Sent emails, nothing.

According to the owner of my local shop, it's really only 3 people that run the show over there and they don't increase staff during the season. I understand controlling costs but that's nuts.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Yep!!!!!!!!!! The sad thing is their products are so darn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that is the only reason they are still in business! If their product was not as good, NOBODY would put up with the P*** Poor customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:37 AM »
Yep!!!!!!!!!! The sad thing is their products are so darn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that is the only reason they are still in business! If their product was not as good, NOBODY would put up with the P*** Poor customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::)

I really want to believe that they'll finally get in contact with me and get it handled correctly. I really really do.

I'm starting to believe that I'm going to end up trying to sell this and get what money I can out of it and try to get something else, maybe next year.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Well, I hope they do Dave.................. ...................... ............and they get things straightened out for you!
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.