The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Razr Auger  (Read 455 times)

Offline Yooper906

• IceShanty Rookie
Razr Auger
« on: Jan 22, 2024, 07:08 AM »
I purchased the 8in Scout Auger from Razr at the ice fishing show in Novi two weekends ago. I was sold on how the product was described and looked.

I debuted the 8in Scout auger this past weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was surprised how long the auger took to cut. The pointed tip prevented it from slipping as explained however the auger just spun. If it started to cut it would barely shave the ice and took easily two-three times longer than a "normal" cut (especially with a brand new auger). This delayed cutting was consistent on every single hole. Very disappointed in the time it took. I found myself putting my whole-body weight on the drill and even trying to change the angle just to get it to bite down.

The 1/2" chuck had such a slight angle that it continued to come out of my drill. I have a new 18v Ridgid drill and constantly had to readjust/attach the auger. In fact, the auger came off of my drill roughly a dozen times over the three days.

The Easy View Safety flange was a selling point and thank God it was there for the dozen times the auger came off my drill.... but it was only a matter of time. The last time, the auger slipped out of my drill and the safety flange bounced off the ice which then changed the angle of the flange and the auger slid through the hole.

I am now auger-less and very disappointed with Razr's product.

If you already own one, I hope you are not experiencing what I did. If you are in the market for a new auger, I would avoid Razr.

Offline crappieontheice

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Razr Auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2024, 02:52 PM »
Ion is the only way to drill holes

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2024, 06:07 PM »
Ion is the only way to drill holes

I respectfully disagree with your statement. I manually drilled 30 plus 6 inch holes yesterday with my lazer auger. Ion is not the only way to drill holes. Just saying.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2024, 12:48 PM »
typical of bad blades. Most likely Chineesium. Sweedish blades are the best.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.