Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: transducer ?  (Read 439 times)

Offline Bixahawk

• IceShanty Rookie
transducer ?
« on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:51 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a Marcum Showdown but not sure which model because of cone angels, fish in mostly shallow to 25 feet will a 8 degree cover or should I get the one with both?

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: transducer ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:53 PM »
8 deg will do fine, but once you get under 10' it will be viewing a very small area and you may not mark fish that are under you.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Conway

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:49 AM »
I've got a hummingbird with daul cones.  I really like it.  It will display both cones side by side.  I can watch fish come from the wider cone into the narrow cone.  It difficult to fish with anyone else around though.

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2013, 11:11 AM »
My Humminbird also has a dual cone. 20° and 60°. A 20 degree cone gives you a viewing diameter roughly 1/3 the depth. so 10 feet the circle on the bottom is roughly 3.3 ft. A 60 degree cone is approximately 1:1 or 10 feet diameter in 10 feet of water. And yes you can spot fish in the outer cone and then watch them appear in the inner cone of the dual cone transducer. Shallower water, a wider cone angle would be preferred.

Here's a chart I found for smaller cone angle transducers:
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.