Author Topic: Looks like the fat lady is singing it's over  (Read 1546 times)

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looks like the fat lady is singing it's over
« on: Feb 20, 2018, 01:57 PM »
I can here her singing it's over....but what great year it was...my best year ever in the last 30 yrs. ...the ole miss. back water came thru this year with not only numbers but quality crappie and gills... :tipup:

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looks like the fat lady is singing it's over
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2018, 06:36 PM »
No kidding. This rain did us in. I was hoping to get back out one more time but that's not happening. It was an OK year for me. Had a few good days on the ice. Didn't get to hit as many new places as I wanted to and the 1521 ice transducer has been backordered for a month and just got pushed back again.
Oh well, better than sitting at home watching TV!

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2018, 10:09 PM »
Will see how it shakes out. We had over 12" on sunday. I don't beleive over a foot will be gone after 2 warm days and a couple inches of cold rain. May be down to 5-8" of ice now with a crappy shoreline. Time to walk the plank

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2018, 09:58 AM »
In my opinion the fat lady has sung.  Put my gear away for the year.  Hope everyone had a successful and enjoyable time on the ice

Offline IlliniIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:44 AM »
yep, gradually putting away the ice gear so i can get the boat out of the garage
drove by a pond i fished first of last week and it was almost wide open
strange year for me, trips were good or slow but not much in between
great year for big gills but not as good for crappies, but i got on my best two crappie spots only three times each

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2018, 12:29 AM »
i'm planning one more run up to madison. that said i may throw the kayak in tomorrow. NEVER STOP FISHING!

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:18 AM »
Just scoped out the chain. Shoreline is completely shot. About 8 ft of open water to get to the sheet. Once on it via planking there was a good 6-8" of ice. I'm sure there are some bad spots. I'll be on the ice Saturday. Anyone headed out be careful. Lots of potentially bad spots where the water drained through. I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet.

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2018, 01:23 PM »
I hit the ice yesterday afternoon on the chain. Condition had deteriorated since the morning. I'm sure even more so by now. Water is going up. I still plan to fish Saturday but I think after the weekend we are nearly done for on many waters in the north part of the state.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.