Author Topic: Newbie from PA looking to hire guide near Toronto this weekend  (Read 766 times)

Offline butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hello All,

A friend of mine is visiting Markham (near Toronto) this weekend.  She has never gone ice fishing before but would like to try it along with her husband and son.  Since they have never ice fished before and have NO gear, I thought it may be a good idea for them to hire a guide in the area that has gear and can put them on some fish within a reasonable distance.  They are necessarily looking to land trophy fish, they just want to catch some fish and have fun.  Species and size really doesn't matter. 

If any of you can recommend a local guide that can help, please let me know.  Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Butcher

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Newbie from PA looking to hire guide near Toronto this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2017, 03:02 PM »
Your best bet is to do a search for Lake Simcoe Ice Fishing operators.
With this short of notice don't be amazed if most if not all are already booked for the weekend.
This is the weekend that every resident of Ontario can fish without a license so bookings will be quite high.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Thanks very much for the reply Woodsman.  Looks like she may have picked a bad weekend for her first ice fishing excursion but hopefully she can make it work. 

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2017, 05:15 PM »
X2    call them all there are many. Someone will be able to help.
Born to fish...Forced to work...To pay for Fishing!!!

Offline butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2017, 09:30 AM »
Just wanted to drop a quick thank you to my fellow Canadian shanty-ers for the referrals.  My friend was able to rent a shanty on Lake Simcoe this past weekend with her family that included equipment, instructions and a ride on a bombardier.  They only caught a handful of fish but they had an absolute blast.  If I can ever return the favor, please ask.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.