Author Topic: 2017 Loughborough Laker watch  (Read 11576 times)

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2017 Loughborough Laker watch
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2017, 11:49 AM »
Class got cancelled so I'm heading out for a quick few hours. Assuming ice is still safe but will report what I find

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:48 PM »
Ice was unchanged as expected. Based on the temps I would say it'll be safe tomorrow if anyone is interested in that info. Definately be careful as it warms up.
I did pretty well today, ended up landing 5 and losing two others. I'll only say this... they weren't biting in 80 FOW lol

Offline mitch seguin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Fished in today's poor weather.  Fished from 70 to 90 FOW with 3.5" of good ice.  Managed one @ 3 lbs.  Screen had fish coming in at least every 15 minutes; however, other than the one I landed, the others did not want to partake.  Daily high temps for the next few days won't help the ice conditions.

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:06 PM »
Mitch, was there any activity on the ice? like cracks and shifting wise?

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 17, 2017, 09:07 PM »
Fished this morning from 8:30 till 11 checking a lot of previous holes in various depths from the past couple days activity. Worked depths from 92-56ft marking fish at almost every location. Only significant chasers were in the shallower depths and when I had to head in. Unfortunately no takers today. Only one other guy out. Was still making ice at that time with no major cracks as of yet. Let's see what the next couple days of weather brings.

Rick

Offline mitch seguin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Elijah, no cracks or shifting occurring when I was out in the p.m.

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Awesome thanks for all the reports fellas, if anyone is out today let us know what's up... I'm expecting it to start declining today if it's going to. Would really love if it was safe saturday as my brother and dad are coming up lol brutal timing for this warm spell.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2017, 12:30 PM »
The forecast doesn't look good but I live 2 mins from the lake and it is still -1 outside my house now and doesn't look like its getting above 0 until Thurs afternoon so hopefully the ice holds.
@jzuliniak

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2017, 03:57 PM »
Yea I'm hoping so... because if it hasn't degraded from the rain and it stays overcast with the "feels like" temps staying below zero then it may still be fishable friday and saturday... direct sunlight when it's warm might be the huge killer

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 24, 2017, 08:38 AM »
Hey everyone. Are there any updates? I fished it Saturday with my bro and dad, managed a few fish round 100 FOW but the ice was definitely weak at that point. Was not going to feel comfortable on Sunday so we went elsewhere.
Did anyone fish or check it out Sunday or Monday?

The existing sheet should tighten back up with these colder nights coming up and be alot safer...

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 24, 2017, 04:55 PM »
I haven't been on Lobo in 10 days or so but there were people on it over deep water on Sunday.
@jzuliniak

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2017, 08:26 PM »
If it was still good sunday then itll be fine soon... especially with the nights near or below -5 this week :)

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 25, 2017, 06:26 AM »
I saw you out there but I wasn't going. A little too sketchy for me. Haven't seen anyone else out since but I think for myself I'm going to wait until next week till that cold front comes in Monday.

Offline finlandia1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2017, 09:22 AM »
Does anyone know if loughborough is open water or is there still ice off the Sydenham launch end?

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 28, 2017, 04:58 PM »
People out there today but not sure how much ice.
@jzuliniak

Offline finlandia1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2017, 05:49 PM »
thanks for the update JZ....gonna head there Monday to check it out...

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2017, 08:38 PM »
I was out there today. 6 inches wherever I was and it was good solid ice. Managed a few but most fish were lazy. If I didnt know better I would swear they were all whitefish the way they were glued to the bottom lol

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 28, 2017, 08:48 PM »
I must complete my ice report for those who need it:

As stated before, I saw very safe 6 inches of ice everywhere I fished (80 to 105 FOW).
Some open water right at the edge near the boat launch on Loughorough Rd, but you can access safely. Looked like a larger patch of open water further down that same shore and it looked like the open water extended maybe 20 feet into the lake from shore. One person that showed up as I left was fishing pretty close to that open water patch.

I walked a spudded across to the far shore and up toward the point, thats where I am basing my ice report on.

Cheers

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 29, 2017, 05:01 AM »
Thanks for the update guy's much appreciated! ;D

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 29, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Hey guys
went out this morning 9-12 with bigbassmon (Rick). We fished 50-65 fow range and found 5" of good ice with maybe another half inch of frozen slush. Lots of cold coming this week so the lake should be open to sleds and Atv shortly!
Missed the early morning bite so the fish were a little sluggish, couldn't get them to commit to chasing so we downsized baits and kept the bait in the fish's face to entice the bite. We ended up getting a couple...

I started with a nice eater size laker

Then Rick got the fish of the day with this beauty, prob 7-8 lbs. a little to big to keep so Rick sent her back down the hole after a quick pic.

@jzuliniak

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 29, 2017, 05:48 PM »

We were trying today in 85 FOW right in of uses boys,,,good job     ;)

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 30, 2017, 09:16 PM »
Heading over tomorrow for the first time this year, looking at going out from the west launch at the south end. Do not feel the call to do the hill over at DAVIDSON, any suggestions?
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:09 AM »
Fry Flier, what suggestions are you looking for? Where to fish?
If so, the advice i've been giving everyone and what's been working for me is start shallow and move to find the biters. I usually mark fish everywhere but i move to find the aggressive ones. Been working for me so far :) Good Luck!

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:48 PM »
Played tag with one but no luck in landing he was only on for a few seconds, marked 4 or 5 others. Two of the marked fish would hug the bottom and move up a foot or so, possible Ling??  Does Loughborough have a Ling population ?
Went in from the South Launch, everywhere I went I found 4 1/2  to 5 1/2 inches of good ice, launch itself was likely less considering the shoreline only froze over the past day or two.

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Fry Flier, thanks for the report, I would also be curious about those bottom huggers. From what I know they're just lakers but I've marked many that seem to never leave the bottom other than a foot or two.
Wonder if people with more experience on the lake could weigh in on what they could be if there's a chance they are something else?

Offline icejunkie33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Feb 03, 2017, 06:01 AM »
Hey folks, just wondering if anyone was out yesterday and had any new reports with the ice and fish activity, hoping to get out around noon if I can sneak out of work. Have done well theasy few years at
Lobo but this will be the years first trip

Offline keenej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Feb 03, 2017, 07:50 AM »
I was out yesterday from 3 to 5.  Caught two decent lakers.  Ice was in the 5 inch range.  Safer away from shore. 

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 04, 2017, 03:12 PM »
Big crowd on the ice today including a few ATVs. Anyone on here go out?how was the bite?
@jzuliniak

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Feb 04, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Fished about 7 hours today, yes lots out. stayed away from the crowd and started out shallow 12-15 feet and moved to 45 - 50 feet. Perch in the shallows and not much else, deeper held fish and was only able to get 3 bites. All 3 were taken on a gambler white tube with fluorescent green tail tips. All fish returned to the h20. If you were in the group that was fishing more north of me in 75 feet of water or so I was at the east side across from the launch a few hundred feet out from the two people that dropped the tree.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 04, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Thanks for the report,how much ice? Notice a few bikes out there.
@jzuliniak

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.