Author Topic: 2017 Loughborough Laker watch  (Read 11585 times)

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2017 Loughborough Laker watch
« Reply #90 on: Feb 26, 2017, 11:23 AM »
Hey guys, update here for ice. I went out yesterday during the storm... thought I was clinging to the last opportunity but looks like we will still have some cold after this week. Ice was still solid... 8 inches minimum of hard black... but old holes were open for drainage of rain, went to chop a covered one open to fish through and now my spud bar is down about 115 feet.... lol bummer

Fished for an hour, landed one small laker that was covered in sea lice... never seen so many on a tail

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Feb 26, 2017, 11:33 AM »
Hey guys, update here for ice. I went out yesterday during the storm... thought I was clinging to the last opportunity but looks like we will still have some cold after this week. Ice was still solid... 8 inches minimum of hard black... but old holes were open for drainage of rain, went to chop a covered one open to fish through and now my spud bar is down about 115 feet.... lol bummer

Fished for an hour, landed one small laker that was covered in sea lice... never seen so many on a tail
Well it's got company down there one of my spuds resides on the bottom of lobo thanks to Rick!  ;D good to hear about the ice, next two weeks look great hopefully we can get a good March bite.

Did the parasite look like this...

I got this one a few years back, was concerned so checked it out can't remember the name but it's totally harmless.

@jzuliniak

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Feb 26, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Yea those are the ones. I've seen them on many of the lakers I've caught this year, but this on in particular had a lot. Glad to hear I'm not the only one to make that mistake :P

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Feb 28, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Heading to Lobo Friday with a group of guy's... tonight's my last night walleye fishing on the Trent.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Feb 28, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Don't forget your cleats, lots of rain tmo followed by flash freeze it will be slick.
@jzuliniak

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Mar 05, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Went to Davidson's yesterday, was suprised to see all the old ice pushed up on shore and new ice formed on the lake. clear 6 inches of ice in most areas, some pockets of open water to the north.

Ended up having my best day out there with a buddy, landed 8, lost 8 others unfortunately and a few right at the hole.
All fish were around 6-7 pounds but the highlight was a thick buck that went 32 inches and 10 pounds on the scale, released to be caught again!

Offline mitch seguin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Mar 05, 2017, 06:16 PM »
Excellent day for you and your buddy!!

Offline keenej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Mar 08, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Has the ice broken up yet?  I'm assuming the rain, warm weather and wind has ended the hard water Loughborough laker season...

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Mar 08, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Yes based on what happened last week I would assume the ice is not safe now. But... given what happened last weekend as well, and the forecast, the ice could be safe later this weekend after another cold snap

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Mar 08, 2017, 06:42 PM »
Still ice by the west end launch but it does not look great. Big patch of open water by where the creek comes in just east of the launch.  The middle of the lake is wide open the wind really did a number on it today. Hard to tell exactly where it opened up because I saw it from a distance but guessing just east of Davidson. If anyone checks out the launch or Davidson please post a report but my guess is Lobo is done for the year. Too bad too because there is a cold snap coming.
@jzuliniak

Offline keenej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Mar 08, 2017, 08:59 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Too bad.  The bite was getting really hot again.  Hope everyone had a great season.

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Mar 10, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Wife says she wants to fish one more time at Lobo... I'm thinking early Sunday morning hopefully, temps are dropping the next few nights. Any updates would are appreciated.

Offline elijah.adair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Mar 10, 2017, 12:34 PM »
Based on the weather and how the lake reacted to similar temps last week you should be safe Sunday morning, but be careful, especially if you are going from Davidsons... there was open water nearby last weekend.

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Mar 10, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Thanks elijah

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Mar 14, 2017, 04:15 PM »
Anyone get back out on Loughborough after the cold weather?
@jzuliniak

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Mar 16, 2017, 04:12 PM »
wifey said it was "to cold" for her last weekend..... I'm not counting on her again this weekend.. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.