The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wyoming Off Topic Thread  (Read 123856 times)

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
Re: Wyoming Off Topic Thread
« Reply #210 on: Jan 16, 2013, 04:08 PM »
People are tripping because the supreme leader is using executive orders to stomp on constitutional given rights.

X2!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #211 on: Jan 16, 2013, 04:39 PM »
Instead of going after gun owners we should be looking at the media and internet and how they train the crazies.  Some individuals are related to sheep and rarely are able to initiate a new thought. But with the help of the media and the in-depth how to seminars they have on how an event happened start to finish. They now have all the information necessary to accomplish devastating deeds.  Reporters seem to believe that they are just reporting the news and are not responsible for what they say or print.  I believe in the right to bare-arms and free speech totally but rarely are the ones speaking held accountable for how and what they present. 
olefish

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #212 on: Jan 16, 2013, 04:48 PM »
People are tripping because the supreme leader is using executive orders to stomp on constitutional given rights.

If I may ammend your comment. The constitution does not give rights. They are rights that we are born with and are enumerated in the constitution. American legal scholar Lysander Spooner argued that we have these rights even if the constitution wasnt written.
Tu ne cede malis

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #213 on: Jan 16, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Thanks trogdor, completely agree
I'd rather do it on the ice

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #214 on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:37 PM »
Im sorry if I sounded flippant rbmchief, but its something that i see often.

Olefish Im with you on that. We see vibrant debate on many things, but yet the debate is in an incredibly narrow spectrum. And it always seems that in the acceptible spectrum more freedom must be handed over to those that wield the power of the State.

On the bright side Wyoming, Texas, and Missouri are drafting bills to nullify those executive orders.
Tu ne cede malis

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #215 on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:42 PM »
No sir not at all, I appreciate the correction.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #216 on: Jan 17, 2013, 07:21 PM »
My buddy posted this on Facebook yesterday, "I wonder what the media would be saying if today, a republican president surrounded himself in babies to sign orders against abortion."

Pretty much hit the nail on the head if you ask me.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Bigred1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #217 on: Jan 20, 2013, 05:59 AM »
Has any one read these "orders"?  I have and only see stuff like appoint a director of BATF.  We shouldn't be tripping on these we should wait and see what comes out of congress and then expend our political energies.

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #218 on: Jan 21, 2013, 01:34 PM »
Thought I'd share a couple "humorous" stories from this weekend.

Saturday evening I was drilling some holes, my auger throttle is rigged because Tecumseh and jiffy can't seem to get me the right parts" if I gas it just right the throttle will stick until I push the throttle handle manually back, I was carrying my running auger across the ice by the top of the auger blade when I must have bumped the throttle causing it to stick wide open, the motor and handle are spinning like a top, don't wanna drop it and brake something, and I'm sure as heck not stickin my hand in there and breaking it, so as I'm standing there deciding how to solve this problem, the pull cord whips and and begins to smack me multiple times across the jaw and head, took about 10 hits before I figured out wth was going on and finally got it shut down, we'll needless to say my jaw and head are a little tender today

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #219 on: Jan 21, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Funny enough right? Well I just had to go test my luck on Sunday.

I was fishin in my two man frabill hut, sitting down with all my gear in it, attached to the 4 wheeeler with the steel tow bars, a nice twenty minute Gail decides to show up, lifts the shanty up with me in it, at this point one of the tow bars disengages allowing the shack to come off the ground and flip, dumping me and covering me in minnows, minnow water, lures, the contents of my tipup box and everything in my cooler. I fight my way out of the mess, look up to see my hut in the air like a kite pulling my hut and 4wheeler across the bare ice a good 100'. All of my gear gets scooted all the way to the damn across the ice. I catch up to the runaway train and step into the hut to get everything battoned down to have the wind whip it out from under me and slam me on the ice. Twice. Well I finally managed to get everything broke down and picked up and finally took the hint and left for home a bruised and battered ice fisherman. Man I wish someone would have been with me this weekend to tape it

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #220 on: Jan 21, 2013, 05:00 PM »
I guess my weekend of no fish wasn't that bad afterall!

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #221 on: Jan 21, 2013, 05:14 PM »
Oh wow. The first story was funny. The second one was just brutal. What did you do to piss off the ice fishing gods?  :P
Tu ne cede malis

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #222 on: Jan 21, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Well I've been ice fishin for 8 straight weekends, the wife won't admit it but I believe there's a voodoo doll and black magic involved.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #223 on: Jan 21, 2013, 06:59 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I had a good chuckle over that! I'll remember that the next time I get skunked! Brutal. Just brutal.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #224 on: Jan 24, 2013, 12:11 AM »
Wow rbmchief that's funny I hope your better look at the bright side it can only get better.
 It reminds me of the time I bought my boys an older used mini bike and when I got it start the throttle stuck open and I had a hold of one handle bar as its was taking me in 360's  the bike bouncing off the ground violently and me screaming at my boys to run for it, by the time I got it shut down it beat the pi$$ out of me.   

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
gun control - Harrisburg PA outdoor show possible cancelation
« Reply #225 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:11 PM »
I really didn't want to start this here it needs its own subject header and thread to be discussed but it is off topic from "ice fishing".

Most know about the big outdoor show put on in Harrisburg PA, if you don't its one of the countries largest outdoor expo's ever. I was an exhibitor there many times and later worked the show for Outfitters in employ.

Well it seems that the show promotions company, Reed Exhibitions something or other, from Connecticut has taken the stance that they will not allow any tactical weapons to be displayed nor supplies and parts and such to be sold at the show. In response to the current stand Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops and many other big hunting and fishing suppliers, organizations (if not all), Outfitters, Taxidermists, hunters and the general public are saying the heck with you Reed Exhibitions we are pulling out of the show.

We were finishing up some mounts that were supposed to be shipped there for display in Outfitters booths when we got a phone call today informing us that the show had been cancelled. Now I have not confirmed it yet its just what we were told by participants of the show. We were told that hunters were warning their favorite Outfitter to not go in response to the ruling or people would attempt to black ball those that participated in the show.

The amount of money that show brings in and the positive effect it has on the local economy for more than 10 days is astronomical. The losses will be huge BUT for a good cause. Its kind of like Jim Zumbo saying "there is no need for those types of guns". The good thing is we need to and are sticking together when it comes to outdoor sports and our true almost forgotten culture in America.

One can only begin to try to imagine what the people of Connecticut have been going through and I for one send my prayers for the ones that suffered losses. Still I am not going to give in when it comes to gun rights and the outdoor community sticking together on the important issues such as gun control.

Even our "newly reelected" stated, in so many words, during his address after the shooting incident on every TV channel, its coming. Gun control is going to be a huge topic very soon and its going to get ugly! I can't help but feel sorry for the victims and now the businesses that will loose out because of the whole mess started by a few delinquent, lower than life pieces of vile excrement, waste of clean air breathing, slug sloths of this society.

The battle over gun control may be lost some day and its just going to suck when the same ignorant people whom fought so hard for that control end up staring down the barrel of that same "ASSAULT WEAPON" being held by the same lowlife and none of us law abiding ex gun totters will be able to shoot the friggin idiot in attempt to save our nemesis life.

To me that's irony in the first degree!!!

Just checked and the PA guys have also started a thread about this. Check here for more and a list of businesses who pulled out and are standing up for our rights.

And here is an updated list of vendors that are pulling out of the show.

Cheers!
The Houligan           

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
« Reply #226 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:16 PM »
=DT4ikdAS-P0

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #227 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:52 PM »
=DT4ikdAS-P0

You must fish the same place I do, saw the same video this weekend.... Great...  ;D

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
« Reply #228 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:20 PM »
My favorite Super Bowl ad, Ram. Go Daddy was probably 2nd  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sillEgUHGC4

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #229 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:45 PM »
My favorite Super Bowl ad, Ram. Go Daddy was probably 2nd  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sillEgUHGC4

MountainMan that was about my best or second with the old Paul Harvey.. I miss that man a lot.. Now you know the rest of the story..... Got some of his books and I still like going trough them and reading the rest of the story..  The farmer...... just like are wyfarmer...  :tipup: ;)

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #230 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:59 PM »
There used to be a member that did mostly all Lake trout fishing and lived up near Jackson I believe... He use to hike into Jennie lake I think it was called and fish Jackson Lake a lot.. He used to fish with a buddy named spudbar... this member I can not remember always used a spudbar and would hike in where no one else would go.... He might of even caught a winner Laker in the tourney 5 years or so ago... I have not seen him around... does anyone ever here from this member or remember what his member name was????... I have been thinking of him all season and have not seen any of his post... He was always on hear talking about his lake trout fishing.... I think they used to fish lakers down around Pinedale also but out a ways... I hope he is still around... let me know if anyone has heard from him or remember his Members name.... Thanks all benwyo.... ;) :flex:

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #231 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:05 AM »
That was bottomdweller, Spudbar is still around, BD got in a disagreement with site mods and left the site either by choice or not!

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #232 on: Feb 05, 2013, 09:48 AM »
MountainMan that was about my best or second with the old Paul Harvey.. I miss that man a lot.. Now you know the rest of the story..... Got some of his books and I still like going trough them and reading the rest of the story..  The farmer...... just like are wyfarmer...  :tipup: ;)
That was my favorite one as well. (imagine that) but the Doridos comercial with the goat was a pretty good one also. I've known people that like to bash farmers and I always told them that it's "hard to bash a farmer with your mouth full".  ;D

That was bottomdweller, Spudbar is still around, BD got in a disagreement with site mods and left the site either by choice or not!
If my memory serves me correct, he left on his own. But like MountainMan, that guy could fish lakers. Here's a pic of one of them.

44lbs 12oz

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
« Reply #233 on: Feb 05, 2013, 10:43 AM »
There used to be a member that did mostly all Lake trout fishing and lived up near Jackson I believe... He use to hike into Jennie lake I think it was called and fish Jackson Lake a lot.. He used to fish with a buddy named spudbar... this member I can not remember always used a spudbar and would hike in where no one else would go.... He might of even caught a winner Laker in the tourney 5 years or so ago... I have not seen him around... does anyone ever here from this member or remember what his member name was????... I have been thinking of him all season and have not seen any of his post... He was always on hear talking about his lake trout fishing.... I think they used to fish lakers down around Pinedale also but out a ways... I hope he is still around... let me know if anyone has heard from him or remember his Members name.... Thanks all benwyo.... ;) :flex:

Yeah, that was bottomdweller. Got in a disagreement with Lonewolf (who I believe might be a national mod) about how the online tournament was being conducted. Went on a bit of a rant and got privileges revoked. I'm sure he or his friends will see this, and maybe one of them that still has privileges can send you a pm. Or send spudbar a pm. His username is still active.

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #234 on: Feb 05, 2013, 11:16 PM »
That was my favorite one as well. (imagine that) but the Doridos comercial with the goat was a pretty good one also. I've known people that like to bash farmers and I always told them that it's "hard to bash a farmer with your mouth full".  ;D
If my memory serves me correct, he left on his own. But like MountainMan, that guy could fish lakers. Here's a pic of one of them.

44lbs 12oz
(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks wyofarmer yes that was the person I was thinking about. Did not know what happened so I was just asking... He sure was a lake trout fisherman... yes and like MountainMan too.... I sure miss BD... He always had some good stories.... Thanks all..... benwyo

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #235 on: Feb 05, 2013, 11:18 PM »
Thanks er-e-is, Yes BD was the member.... and spudbar was always with him... Thanks you again.. benwyo

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #236 on: Feb 05, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Yeah, that was bottomdweller. Got in a disagreement with Lonewolf (who I believe might be a national mod) about how the online tournament was being conducted. Went on a bit of a rant and got privileges revoked. I'm sure he or his friends will see this, and maybe one of them that still has privileges can send you a pm. Or send spudbar a pm. His username is still active.

Now that you mentioned it, I do remember a disagreement with how the tourament was being conducted... Thanks I did not want to stir up any trouble, I just miss BD he always had some story to tell every week... benwyo...

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #237 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:21 PM »
I loved the pics he posted. Nothin better than hoisting tater macks with the tetons in the background. Wish they would do that again.......
Tu ne cede malis

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #238 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:52 PM »
I loved the pics he posted. Nothin better than hoisting tater macks with the tetons in the background. Wish they would do that again.......

Right on trogdor... always had nic pics with the tetons.. I went back into his old post and read a lot of them today and I had a smile on my face all the time......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.