Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: West Twin Hancock Co.  (Read 1088 times)

Offline dragscreamer

• IceShanty Rookie
West Twin Hancock Co.
« on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Hammered big perch last winter. This year can't hardly mark a fish? Anyone else had any luck?

Offline whip2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: West Twin Hancock Co.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2018, 01:44 PM »
There were a lot of folks fishing it a bunch this past Spring & Summer. I question if they overfished it???

Offline dragscreamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2018, 08:30 AM »
I have a conspiracy theory I'll share. There sure are a lot of various sized perch in Rice this year and I know damn well almost all them adult fish they had stoked initially got caught last winter. They've gotta get those fish from somewhere? Unfortunately they don't hatch from eggs at 12in. I think they netted all the perch from West Twin and took them to Rice. Just a Thought?

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Don't ya know your not suppose to mention that lake. ;) ;)

Offline dragscreamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Well from results this winter it isn't worth mentioning Dead Sea? It's Soooo!! Frustrating to know there are fish somewhere and they just vanished . GRRRRR!!👹

Offline cbducks78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:07 AM »

I would like to make a suggestion to the DNR that they start stocking all the lakes with 10" perch annually, just as they do with trout.  Only with perch, they tend to thrive in a lake rather than die come June.   A lot of lakes that have recently been renovated (and a big thank you for the state doing that) are stocked with 7-10" walleyes annually, sometimes bi-annually in order to keep up with fishing pressure.  I'm sure the goal is for self sustaining, natural reproduction, unfortunately the lakes are relatively small with high fishing pressure. 

Raise my license fee if you like, but treat these lakes like put and take stocking program, I'll bet you get a boost in fishermen in general. 

Just my opinion........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.