Author Topic: Looking for Burbot and Splake recipes  (Read 3551 times)

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
Looking for Burbot and Splake recipes
« on: Feb 06, 2010, 06:50 PM »
I caught my first burbot today and second group of splake. Looking for some good recipes for either. Thanks.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
Re: Looking for Burbot and Splake recipes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2010, 04:12 PM »
I caught my first burbot today and second group of splake. Looking for some good recipes for either. Thanks.
On the burbot, boil filets four minutes exactly, srizzel with lemon juice and butter. will work as a sandwich cold for the next day fishing trip.  Try serving with rice also.
Thread killer

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Splake I cook just like trout, It works gerat with citrus, drill and some salt and pepper. You can foil wrap them or smoke them if you got a smoker

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Burbot makes a great "Poor man's lobster". I cut the fish into chunks and boil in heavily salted water until the flesh turns white and floats. You can dip the hot fish into melted butter right away or toss it into a frying pan of garlic butter for a quick saute.

Up near Dauphin Manitoba there is an annual scuba spearfishing tournament and they cook up a lot of burbot (they call them mariah there). They cut the fish into chunks and use "Shore Lunch" batter mix. It is super tasty. I've been there twice and they have a steak barbecue yet some people forego the steak and just go for the fish, it is that good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.