The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Magnor Clayton Wi  (Read 1095 times)

Offline maxmartens

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Magnor Clayton Wi
« on: Jan 31, 2016, 05:29 PM »
Wondering if anyone around fishes Magnor for walleyes ? I heard that it has some good ones in it but have never had any luck. I have caught gills and crappies there. Thinking about trying it after work some night this week if anyone wants to meet up and fish. Or if anyone has any tips. I cant find a contour map anywhere so that is a bit of a challenge!
Thanks
 :tipup:

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake Magnor Clayton Wi
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2016, 06:09 PM »
Never fished it thought about it though, I've heard pretty good things for panfish anyway but that was a guy that grew up around there so it may have changed, I might try and get up there at some point just to check it out.

Here is a contour map from the DNR, not sure if it's perfectly accurate but it's probably a good start.

http://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/maps/DNR/2624600a.pdf

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2016, 06:13 PM »
Just drove by magnor on the way home from fishing today.  There are about 1/2 the amount of shacks on the lake as previous years.  The walleye fishing is not what it used to be; I think they are few and far between.  Fished it last year without much luck and haven't tried it yet this year. 

Offline maxmartens

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2016, 06:21 PM »
Thanks for the input guys sounds like a need to find another walleye lake. I have plenty of panfish lakes to go to. if any on you guys are interested in finding a lake to chase some eye let me know!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.