Author Topic: Glen elder ice conditions  (Read 2616 times)

Offline slab

• IceShanty Rookie
Glen elder ice conditions
« on: Dec 18, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Does anybody have any updates on ice west of causeway at glen elder?  I thought about heading out there tomorrow and figured on website said 1-2 inches as of 12/13 so should be good now.

Thanks

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Glen elder ice conditions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2016, 03:21 PM »
My brother at Kirwin this morning there no safe ice at all,, we might be wrong but Kirwin don't have safe ice I don't think Glen elder will,,

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Someone I know call the lodge at glen elder.. he said he saw people fishing at the causeway,,but done know how thick is the ice,,

Offline Hdrk77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:50 AM »
There is some guys out on Kanopolis by the tower this morning fishing, but I have not heard how thick the ice is.

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2016, 02:34 PM »
Good info., Thank you gentlemen.

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2016, 02:50 PM »
Ok, KDWPT report said 25 ice heads on glen elder, west of causeway on Tues. 5-6 inches of "good" ice

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2016, 08:28 AM »
ICE IS NOT SAFE AT GLEN! a guy went in yesterday, lots of water on top of the ice. Weather is taking its toll on ice conditions. Just a warning to those headed out or making a trip

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2016, 10:06 AM »
Thanks for info. killr

Offline ToughShins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2016, 12:27 PM »
I was there all weekend until Tuesday.  Ice was 3-4 inches, but by the time I left on Tuesday afternoon it was already melting .  Don't think it will be any good from here on until we get another cold spell.

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Glen Report
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2017, 07:23 AM »
Hit Glen on Sunday, nowhere did i see 6" of ice. It varied anywhere from 5 clear down to 1.5 yes you read that right... I was after whites and we made the long walk to the upper end. I dont know how everyone else did but the fishing was the slowest ive seen on the ice, marking little to no fishing using the channel and we moved often. Majority of the people started out on the south brush pile. No clue how the crappie bite was but the white/wipers didnt want to play.

Offline postman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:36 AM »
We hit it this weekend. Ice was 4" south brushpile. West of causeway is beginning to open significantly. Underneath causeway to almost north brushpile as of noon yesterday. And Boller ramp area is beginning to open up too. Also, there are quite of few areas that have open water near shore so getting onto the ice is more difficult.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.