Author Topic: Energised outdoors Jigs?  (Read 10095 times)

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Energised outdoors Jigs?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 18, 2018, 12:31 PM »
 ;D Hey there energized! Good job! Got my order yesterday and am generally pleased. (I'm a Virgo so that says a lot.) Hooks are good. Would like to see red hooks but this may be a personal preference. Paint coverage and pattern is consistent jig to jig. Clean eyes would be a plus but there were no completely obstructed ones in the sixteen I received. Y'all need to keep workin on the glow thing though. I know some colors just glow better than others. I've already put away most of my ice gear so didn't have my uv light to charge but using a halogen, the pink was best and the chub and sunrise were least with the green somewhere in the middle. I'm looking forward to using my heavies this spring and summer for leeches and smaller minnows fishing for Walleye and Smallies. Thanks for a great product at a reasonable price point! Oh, are ya a sponsor here on the Shanty yet? :clap: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline energizedoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 18, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Not a sponsor yet. Much has taken place in the past month so time will tell. Getting more unpaited/painted jigs this next week. adding a 6mm as well. 9mm had sold out and I am back filling a few order for these but will have some left after.

I like the pink, yellow, orange glows. Red never seems to glow long but I do have a new red that paints pink and glows red. I may ad this soon.  I am testing a few new brands of glow which are supposed to glow longer. Many downsides is they paint white and glow different colors. I will keep adding over time.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2018, 08:54 PM »
Received mine yesteday. Nice looking jigs.
Be ordering more in the future.
Thanks.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:54 AM »
Got my Jigs and they look and feel good. They seem consistent and the paint is pretty well done. The glow seems a little weak but we'll see how they work out. I'll will definitely be a returning customer
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #34 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:12 AM »
how are the hooks. the gap and wire size and sharpness (sticky sharp or mediocre sharp or need sharpening), if they are hardened?
what would you say the compare to in the major brands?

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:54 AM »
how are the hooks. the gap and wire size and sharpness (sticky sharp or mediocre sharp or need sharpening), if they are hardened?
what would you say the compare to in the major brands?

I haven't used mine yet, hooks do look good I wouldn't say as good as a fiskah or Brantners but they cost quite a bit more.
Paint finish looks real nice.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 19, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Hooks are good quality. All of mine are sticky sharp and pretty stout. I had some glitter gold jigs come in with chips and Matt from Energised emailed back in like 10 minutes and will be replacing them.  ;D

Offline 830king

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 19, 2018, 07:18 PM »
I got my order today, I think I placed the order on Friday so I'm impressed with the fast shipping. I had a couple with chips also and they returned my email in a few minutes and are sending some replacements. Top notch customer service if you ask me. I'll definitely purchase from them again!

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 19, 2018, 07:47 PM »
I got my order today, I think I placed the order on Friday so I'm impressed with the fast shipping. I had a couple with chips also and they returned my email in a few minutes and are sending some replacements. Top notch customer service if you ask me. I'll definitely purchase from them again!

2x on super fast shipping.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Yes, I think I had a batch that did not cure well. Good thing I was doing small batches. For now on I am batch testing with a jig from each batch by dropping on concrete. I also found better way to package and ship through the process. I want the longest lasting powdered jigs and stand behind the quality. Working on the glow also! 2018 lineup should be lights out, no pun intended. Thanks for the kind words!

Offline baogongmeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:55 PM »
Energized, for my order the packaging was exemplary with the jigs being packed in the small jig box( which is exactly what I've been searching for) but the gold jigs were kind of disappointing... the finish seemed thin but other than that I was very pleased.  IMHO make sure that your jigs have good, strong and sharp hooks with clean eyes and maintain your pricing and shipping and you'll be golden... last year I lost my biggest large mouth bass at the lip of the hole when the shank of the hook broke off from one of your competitors gold jigs.

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:40 PM »
Got mine today ....can't wait to try them out .....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Mar 21, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Got mine today . Beyond happy with these. Also was mildly surprised at quality of the jig boxes. Will have no problem ordering again. Matt takes care of his customers.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Mar 22, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Hooks are good quality. All of mine are sticky sharp and pretty stout. I had some glitter gold jigs come in with chips and Matt from Energised emailed back in like 10 minutes and will be replacing them.  ;D
got mine and all paint is good. no chips or cracks. for the price, I would have just applied a thin coat of epoxy if there were chips or cracks. would like to see 5mm with a size 10 hook for crappie. fire tiger would be nice. did not see  the jig box offer when I ordered. DAMN!

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2018, 08:16 AM »
No complaints from me on the jigs I received - paint quality appears good, hooks are sticky sharp, and the shipping was prompt. I'll likely order more....

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Mar 22, 2018, 08:55 AM »
on the glow jigs, does the entire paint on the body glow or just the eyes? they look like just the eyes glow.

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Mar 22, 2018, 11:59 AM »
on the glow jigs, does the entire paint on the body glow or just the eyes? they look like just the eyes glow.

Only the belly glows on the one style I ordered that has eyes (Glow Chub) - the top color doesn't glow, nor do the eyes. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Mar 22, 2018, 06:27 PM »
thanks.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 24, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Just restocked some inventory of 3mm-9mm painted and unpainted jigs. Added a few 3mm unpainted jigs with 14mm hook and 6mm unpainted jigs as well.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:28 PM »
bought about 30 jigs at Cabelas several weeks ago for $1.25 and up and that was 30% off. then I see this and bought some more. Now, I feel like I overpaid at Cabelas

Offline Buck41

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:30 PM »
Just ordered 10 with a box. Excited to get them ;D
"Give none Take none"

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #51 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:32 PM »
I just purchased 20 unpainted jigs.  I can powder paint myself, so these unpainted jigs are a steal.  Good job Energized Outdoors!

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:44 PM »
I have to say the quality for this price, anyone would be foolish not to stock up. I received my order quickly and after seeing what they have to offer I will be getting more when the new lineup comes out. Bounced a few off the floor to see how good the paint job was and had no chipping, that’s hard to find at any price. Nice job with these bud. Keep them at this quality and you have a lifetime customer here.
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Mar 25, 2018, 09:30 AM »
Im definitely "hooked". They work well. And a good price.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Mar 26, 2018, 07:29 AM »
Waiting for inventory recovery from Ice Shanty " banzai buying attack ". Almost entire site greyed out  :'(
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Mar 26, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Waiting for inventory recovery from Ice Shanty " banzai buying attack ". Almost entire site greyed out  :'(
just checked his site. only a few are greyed out. be patient. he is trying to restock. I tried about 3 weeks ago and every time I tried to check out, most of what I wanted, sold out between the time I made selections and got to check out. he restocked everything and I was able to get what I wanted.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Mar 26, 2018, 04:35 PM »
What are you guys looking for in specific? Most of the solid colors are here to stay. The 3-5mm with design are pretty much going to be out for the season hence the 99 cent sale. I will be restocking  slowly but they will be my new colors and popular designs from this past season. I just added glitterbug red 3-9mm and glitterbug orange 3-9mm. The wonderbread series will be available within 30 days from 3-9mm. I am trying to focus on the 6-9mm right now which are poplular for open water and what I am finding out trout! Thanks again!

Offline TNT5859

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 28, 2018, 09:13 PM »
Good stuff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.