The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Guy on Hubbard Lake Drowned Monday..Watch those pressure cracks!!!  (Read 1345 times)

Offline drolrevo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Even though there is anywhere from 9-12 inches of ice just about everywhere you go out there..., there are some bad cracks....everyone was crossing the cracks on quads etc all weekend..one man was out Monday eve, got off his quad, walked up to the crack, and somehow fell in and drown...Just be careful!!!!!!!!!!!! and use your head!

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
MAN, that sucks, poor guy! You just have to use your head with the hard water! :tipup:

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
my thoughts and prayers to family

Offline fish hunter2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where is Hubbard lake? My condolences to the family of the guy that drowned...pretty sad.

Offline Fishurman63

• Team IceShanty Addict
I believe it is SW of Alpena if this is the Hubbard lake he is speaking of. 

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
... GOD REST HIS SOUL!

Offline LSCjigger

• IceShanty Rookie
If you find 12" of ice on Hubbard ill buy you Dinner at Rosas ;D! I  just fished it 4 straight days  including the day the 72yr old man died and never found anything more than 7 maybe 8" even on the North end. The 2 cracks on the South Shore were nasty before the warm up,,,cant imagine what they look like now. Seems every yr we go through the same crap on this Lake and guys never get a clue.
Dont get any on ya...but if ya do...get it all over ya!!

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

awkward

Offline drolrevo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Everywhere i fished it was anywhere from 10-12 inches of ice....South End, East-ish end, real good ice!!! probably more now actually, and yes, Hubbard Lake south of alpena a bit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.