Author Topic: How to mark way points on GPS  (Read 996 times)

Offline SebagoSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
How to mark way points on GPS
« on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:54 PM »
I just bought a Garmin Etrex legend off ebay and i have marked a couple waypoints off of a map. How do i mark points that the grid lines to not cross or come close to from a map? So i can just plug them into my GPS and fish them.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: How to mark way points on GPS
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2010, 08:05 PM »
Sebago, The Fishing Hot Spot or Delorme maps (for example) have a legend on them that you can use to get the increments. If there is nothing on the map, I believe you just divide the quadrants in 1/10's. You can always make an educated guess, and adjust your waypoint in the field. Ed

Offline SebagoSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How to mark way points on GPS
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Sebago, The Fishing Hot Spot or Delorme maps (for example) have a legend on them that you can use to get the increments. If there is nothing on the map, I believe you just divide the quadrants in 1/10's. You can always make an educated guess, and adjust your waypoint in the field. Ed

ya i use the one from sebago but only know how to get a good spot if the grid lines land or fall right on a good spot. But the depths are in ten foot intervals so would i just mark the nearest part where the lines cross and add ten feet to the quadrant to get the next depth?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.