Author Topic: Eskimo wide one inferno  (Read 1869 times)

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo wide one inferno
« on: Sep 02, 2020, 06:16 PM »
It has been my intention since last season to purchase the Eskimo wide one inferno and thought I'd get a jump on the season so as to have time to put it together right. I've spotted what may be a good deal on ebay that says they have the shelter and free shipping for $379 with delivery expected by 9/10 or 9/11. From the other offers I've seen this seems almost too good to be true. I'm not familiar with ebay so I guess I'm asking if any of y'all out there have any advice about this? Many thanks all.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo wide one inferno
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Sorry cant help with E-bay. But I have the Wide 1 Inferno, and its a sweet little set up.
Having the extra width up front is a game changer for a 1 man. The seat is very comfortable.
Think it weighs in at 78 lbs. so its not the lightest but definitely do-able.
Hopefully someone can help out with the E-Bay thing.

SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2020, 08:52 PM »
Sorry cant help with E-bay. But I have the Wide 1 Inferno, and its a sweet little set up.
Having the extra width up front is a game changer for a 1 man. The seat is very comfortable.
Think it weighs in at 78 lbs. so its not the lightest but definitely do-able.
Hopefully someone can help out with the E-Bay thing.

I also thinking I need one of these this year.  Something I can load in pickup by myself and fish 2 holes inside if I want.  I have been more looking for a used but hard to come by.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2020, 09:08 PM »
If buying on ebay just check sellers ratings and pay with PayPal.if problems arise start up a claim and get a full refund.i buy and sell tons on ebay and been on both ends.refunding and refunded.99% of sales go without any problems.if the seller has less than 95% seller rating in a year with barely any sales id pass.some seller sell 1000s of items a month and might have a few bad reviews but cant keep everyone happy selling a ton.jmo

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2020, 09:30 PM »
It has been my intention since last season to purchase the Eskimo wide one inferno and thought I'd get a jump on the season so as to have time to put it together right. I've spotted what may be a good deal on ebay that says they have the shelter and free shipping for $379 with delivery expected by 9/10 or 9/11. From the other offers I've seen this seems almost too good to be true. I'm not familiar with ebay so I guess I'm asking if any of y'all out there have any advice about this? Many thanks all.

I just went through the feedback on this seller.  I would feel comfortable with this deal.  Seller is located in Cumberland, Wisconsin which is where ardisam (Eskimo) is located, and they sell quite a bit of ardisam merchandise so may be some connection there (wholesale dealer, factory direct or something)?  As DR. SPECKLER stated if can use PayPal, you have some protection.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2020, 09:55 AM »
I use Ebay more than Amazon but you will see many of the same sellers in both places. As others said just make sure they have good feedback and a decent amount of it. This seller has 31,000 reviews and 100% positive feedback so they're probably better than dealing with Dick's.

I also have the Wide 1 and love it. The insulated fabric and extra room are awesome and it is a bit heavy but not horrible. We have one spot we need to bushwhack up and down a hill through the woods and I just take two trips. I carry all the heavy stuff up by hand then drag the shanty up. You could always remove the seat and the seat frame if you need to lighten up temporarily. I think i got it for $319 at Dick's in December or January.

Now i'm thinking about jigging lakers....  thanks a lot  ::)
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2020, 10:05 AM »
WOW! ;D Really appreciate all the info, just what I was hoping for! I had no idea how to check up on seller on ebay and certainly didn't know about benefits paypal could offer. Looks like I'd better pull the trigger on this one! ;D The support and advice of the ice shanty community is unparalleled. Hope all have a great and safe season!

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2020, 11:50 AM »
I just went through the feedback on this seller.  I would feel comfortable with this deal.  Seller is located in Cumberland, Wisconsin which is where ardisam (Eskimo) is located, and they sell quite a bit of ardisam merchandise so may be some connection there (wholesale dealer, factory direct or something)?  As DR. SPECKLER stated if can use PayPal, you have some protection.

It's probably coming direct from ardisam. I bought an ice suit last year thru Amazon, it came direct from Eskimo. If they are selling on Amazon, I wouldn't be surprised if they are selling on eBay too.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2020, 07:36 AM »
If that is Moreoutdoor4u it is Eskimo. I have bought from them more than once. No problems at all.
<===Lefty===

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2020, 01:29 PM »
really like mine, but have to part ways this year, need a 2 man for the boy to come along. No quality issues, really comfortable

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.