Author Topic: Visiting from New York got to icefish.  (Read 2159 times)

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Visiting from New York got to icefish.
« on: Feb 18, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Got to fish two places so far and caught fish.  Fished Boyd’s and evergreen lake. Evergreen has good fishing and a view. Boyd’s just fish. Lol.
Fish  till it hurts

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Visiting from New York got to icefish.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Glad you got on the ice and into some fish. Hopefully you don’t go back and tell anyone. They come for the weed but stay for the ice fishing

Online SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2021, 10:09 AM »
Go to The Crack.  Has it all- views, ambience, 10lb walters.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline irishman03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2021, 11:42 AM »
Dont give out out all of Colorados secrets!

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2021, 08:39 AM »
Thanks guys had a blast will be heading back to NY so I'll leave your fish alone. So when I get back and they ask how was the fishing . I'll tell them New York ice fishing is better. Your secret is safe.
Fish  till it hurts

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2021, 01:19 PM »
Thanks guys had a blast will be heading back to NY so I'll leave your fish alone. So when I get back and they ask how was the fishing . I'll tell them New York ice fishing is better. Your secret is safe.

Funny thing  is, the ice fishing in  upstate  NY is FAR superior to anything colorado has to offer.  Id take Lake George, Champlain or Oneida over anything in Colorado, all day every day.  There is really no comparison.
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2021, 04:34 PM »

Funny thing  is, the ice fishing in  upstate  NY is FAR superior to anything colorado has to offer.  Id take Lake George, Champlain or Oneida over anything in Colorado, all day every day.  There is really no comparison.
haha I didn't want to diss the state I was visiting. Lake George is great but the last two years the ice has not been great. Very few spots were accessible. Three weeks ago a guy went in. I live in the Hudson valley. Most of my ice fishing is the New York City Resevior system.
Fish  till it hurts

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2021, 05:00 PM »
hey SLAYERFISH i take it that you like the band Slayer. Saw them at one of the Ozzfests. I'm a 66yearold metal head. Have it playing all the time I'm fishing. If not than chalk me up as a rambling old man. One more thing. What the hell is the Crack not from here don't know the slang for the lakes lol
Fish  till it hurts

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2021, 05:13 PM »
haha I didn't want to diss the state I was visiting. Lake George is great but the last two years the ice has not been great. Very few spots were accessible. Three weeks ago a guy went in. I live in the Hudson valley. Most of my ice fishing is the New York City Resevior system.

Im from Saratoga NY, been out here a decade now.  This will be the first year ever I didnt go back to NY to ice fish.  Lake George is a large, dangerous lake, but theres usually decent ice somewhere in February we did well last year.   Im sure my buddys were prob out somewhere on the south basin today and tomorrow.  Dont let them fool you, many of the users on the CO boards are from east of the Mississippi, we wont name names :roflmao:

Online SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2021, 05:58 PM »
hey SLAYERFISH i take it that you like the band Slayer. Saw them at one of the Ozzfests. I'm a 66yearold metal head. Have it playing all the time I'm fishing. If not than chalk me up as a rambling old man. One more thing. What the hell is the Crack not from here don't know the slang for the lakes lol

All Metal all the time ain't just my fishing! ;D  XM 41 is on the radio perpetually.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2021, 07:31 PM »
Im from Saratoga NY, been out here a decade now.  This will be the first year ever I didnt go back to NY to ice fish.  Lake George is a large, dangerous lake, but theres usually decent ice somewhere in February we did well last year.   Im sure my buddys were prob out somewhere on the south basin today and tomorrow.  Dont let them fool you, many of the users on the CO boards are from east of the Mississippi, we wont name names :roflmao:
was up at lake George a week before we came here. Went to vet park in Hauge 4"of ice. They were fishing million dollar beach. The campgrounds near diamond point was closed. People were parking at the entrance. That's one hell of a drag. Too old for that. Lol
Fish  till it hurts

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2021, 07:37 PM »
All Metal all the time ain't just my fishing! ;D  XM 41 is on the radio perpetually.
nice liquid metal. Love the music but to old to mosh. Lol
Fish  till it hurts

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2021, 08:43 PM »
was up at lake George a week before we came here. Went to vet park in Hauge 4"of ice. They were fishing million dollar beach. The campgrounds near diamond point was closed. People were parking at the entrance. That's one hell of a drag. Too old for that. Lol

Vets Park is in Bolton, north end  of the south basin before the narrows.  Great access if you can get a parking spot! ;) The Hague is north Basin.  That hill coming down hearthstone campground was a sheet of ice prob why rd closed.  Heres a pic off Hague beach of me and 36"er, march 2011.  10ft under the ice in 90+FOW.  1/4oz jig and 2" gulp on 8lb test, what a freeking ride that was.  Ill be back in 2022, and im bring heck with me! ;D

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2021, 10:10 PM »
Vets Park is in Bolton, north end  of the south basin before the narrows.  Great access if you can get a parking spot! ;) The Hague is north Basin.  That hill coming down hearthstone campground was a sheet of ice prob why rd closed.  Heres a pic off Hague beach of me and 36"er, march 2011.  10ft under the ice in 90+FOW.  1/4oz jig and 2" gulp on 8lb test, what a freeking ride that was.  Ill be back in 2022, and im bring heck with me! ;

lol yea Meant Bolton. Hague was wide open. The wind has been relentless. Nice fish.
Fish  till it hurts

Offline dntbeamenace4031

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2021, 12:21 PM »

Glad you had fun while you were out here All Fish.  When you say reservoir system are you talking like Pepacton and Ashokan?  I had a buddy with a summer cabin near Arkville and fished them a few times in the summer, tough shore fishing but I'm sure there's monsters in those lakes (and rarely if ever did i see others fishing)

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2021, 08:26 AM »
Glad you had fun while you were out here All Fish.  When you say reservoir system are you talking like Pepacton and Ashokan?  I had a buddy with a summer cabin near Arkville and fished them a few times in the summer, tough shore fishing but I'm sure there's monsters in those lakes (and rarely if ever did i see others fishing) no you can’t icefish those reservoirs. I fish the east side of the hudson. Cross River,Muscoot , croton falls.
Fish  till it hurts

Offline allfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2021, 08:31 AM »
I icefish the east side of the Hudson. It’s called the Croton system. It’s the original reservoir system.

Fish  till it hurts

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.