Author Topic: 11-mile massacre!  (Read 8325 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
11-mile massacre!
« on: Dec 06, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Hit 11-mile 12-4-06 with some buds and it was superb. Green lazers in 8ft over 15ft.

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
Re: 11-mile massacre!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2006, 10:33 AM »
yeah buddy, knocked 'em dead!  you know you're welcome over in the wyoming section anytime!  we're currently working on getting all of our new pictures from our first weekend out uploaded.  come see soon!

Offline Don In Denver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Let 'em go! Let 'em grow!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2006, 11:51 AM »
That's a bunch of nice fish!!

Offline Katahdinboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2006, 02:59 PM »
Slayer how was the ice, My buddy the Indian Chief and I are thinking of Tarryall this Saturday but if the ice is at least 6" or more at the Mile we have to go.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Slayer how was the ice, My buddy the Indian Chief and I are thinking of Tarryall this Saturday but if the ice is at least 6" or more at the Mile we have to go.

Dude we were fishin 200-300 yds from shore near sucker cove and it was 7".  We were out there saturday on 3" and it was fine.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Katahdinboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Change of plan's see you at the Mile saturday, Dark Red 3/4 ton Dodge eskimo quik flip3 hut.

Offline RLS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Was starting to think everyone had fallen through because I hadn't seen any new post.  Just figured out where ya'll went.  Nice fish Slayer.  Heading up saturday can't wait.

Offline scchase

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Those look nice but I bet they wont taste as good as the perch I am eating tonight.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2006, 05:03 PM »
Those look nice but I bet they wont taste as good as the perch I am eating tonight.

Dunno Scott, they are the orangest meat you will ever see!   
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2006, 08:01 PM »
Nice fish Slayerfish .
Utah Ice

Offline jamiehughes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • open water sucks!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Dunno Scott, they are the orangest meat you will ever see!   

must be eating them crawdads in there.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2006, 02:36 AM »
Any of you guys ever rent ice fishing equipment from the 11 mile marina.
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2006, 08:30 AM »
Any of you guys ever rent ice fishing equipment from the 11 mile marina.

No.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Kevin21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Nice Fish!  I am new to Colorado.  Just moved to Grand Junction in August.  Where is 11-Mile and what kind of bait do you use.  I'm used to using minnows for everything but I know that's not possible above 8,000 feet.

Offline hardwater_mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2006, 09:02 PM »
For some reason I wasn't able to post the last couple of days. Them's some nice fish.
Were you those two guys fishing the north shore out from Sucker Cove Saturday? We were the two guys that
went out to the south of the 6 total out. There was 3 inches of ice easy. We ended up with one 3 lb bo bo and a couple of small pike.
I had two more to the hole but all in all I didn't get bit like you did. Ddin't see too many on the vex either.

Back on the 15th with my new lazer mag I got with money I won in the No Name Tourney last summer.

Mike

Offline SUCKERMEAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ANYWHERE!!!! ANYTIME!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2006, 12:37 PM »
First off nice fish!!! You have this place dialed in. Are you jigging or deadstick and is a lazer somekind of a hairjig?

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2006, 09:17 AM »
For some reason I wasn't able to post the last couple of days. Them's some nice fish.
Were you those two guys fishing the north shore out from Sucker Cove Saturday? We were the two guys that
went out to the south of the 6 total out. There was 3 inches of ice easy. We ended up with one 3 lb bo bo and a couple of small pike.
I had two more to the hole but all in all I didn't get bit like you did. Ddin't see too many on the vex either.

Back on the 15th with my new lazer mag I got with money I won in the No Name Tourney last summer.

Mike
There were 2 pairs of fishermen to the north we were the farthest one s out.

Heres what lazers look like.  I have many diff colors but these green ones I use most:

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline SUCKERMEAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ANYWHERE!!!! ANYTIME!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Where can you get them? I have yet to see them anywhere I shop.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2006, 08:32 AM »
Where can you get them? I have yet to see them anywhere I shop.

The 11-mile marina has some, although they are a little different.  I buy mine at Budget Tackle in Granby. They have an excellent selection.  Every time I go to Granby or the Fork I stop in and stock up.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline baldy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 12, 2006, 11:08 AM »
First post
I am heading back home to CO for X-mas and I've talked my father and uncle into going to 11-mile on the 26th.  Not one of us has fished the lake before.  Does anyone know of a good online map of the lake?  I'm not sure I could find "sucker cove" or any other spot.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Isnt Sucker Cove right beside Cross Creek???????

Offline basscat75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Good day you had there slayer. We went over to howbarts and slayed em there as well. Was up this weekend and same thing, but i am now going to my X spot, getting away from crowds. Been seeing tons of big pike as well, seen 5 on Sunday that were all close to 40", and many in the 28 to 35 " range. Limits of good bows both days. Gonna hit it again on thursday, had a monster brown on sunday, and i mean monster. Figured the fish to be between 32  to 35 inches. Just couldnt get her in. Pink and orange Foxy jigs have been the ticket for us, Water is alot clearer on the lower end though. Fishing in 10 to 12 ft about 1 ft off bottom. Been seeing lots of perch early in morning but there moving out deeper by 8 or so. This past weekend it looked like a village out of suckers and cross creek, and even howbarts had about 30 people or so. Not a soul within a 1/2 a mile or so from me, which is nice, but there catching em all over the lake. Our biggest landed so far is 21 inch bow, but have seen many over that.
Should be safe to venture out to kokes by this weekend, so i imagine we will do that Saturday, but will see how thursady is. Will have a report thurs night.

Offline basscat75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Isnt Sucker Cove right beside Cross Creek???????
Yes suckers is the next one up from Cross creek, some people call it fishermans access 1.

Offline tonka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 15, 2006, 05:27 PM »
I've been checking out this board for awhile and think it's great to be able to share info. Going to Elevenmile tomorrow and hope the ice held up with the weather we have been having. Talked with a local from granby this AM and they are fishing the coves up there so maybe head that way Sunday. Any one been up there?

Offline yeager

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 15, 2006, 05:34 PM »
Nice bow's Slayer, thats what I meant to do last saturday!   :o 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.