The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Done deal ?  (Read 985 times)

Offline icerink

• Team IceShanty Regular
Done deal ?
« on: Feb 27, 2018, 02:34 PM »
Northbound and ice gear is loaded for Lake City/Kalkaska area. Should I unload ? Asking for a friend :-)

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Done deal ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2018, 05:14 PM »
Northbound and ice gear is loaded for Lake City/Kalkaska area. Should I unload ? Asking for a friend :-)

There is ice how much I do not know. Lake Missaukee this morning shore ice was fair off Green Rd and there were a few out fishing. I have heard of some lakes being OK and others the shore ice is bad. Higgins lake they said the path around the ice heaves has an open spot when a UTV broke thru. I want to go but I am getting a little spooked. Lake Missaukee had over 20 inches a week or so ago. I fished a lake close to there as week ago and there was easily 24 inches. Yesterday the same lake had maybe 14 inches of soft ice. Reedsburg dam is wide open and they said the north end Of HL has a big open spot where the river is

Offline icerink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply Scout. Not sure I want to feel uncomfortable while having fun.

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply Scout. Not sure I want to feel uncomfortable while having fun.
Just saw on facebook there is a rescue going on at Lake St Helen right now 2 people in the water and air boat has been called. I am with you I want  to go but I think I will put everything away tomorrow

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Got 18 holes of golf in this afternoon. Got fish in the freezer.

Offline Fish-hut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2018, 04:48 AM »
I fished Monday afternoon in the NWLP, I was the only person on a small lake. After 40+ years of ice fishing, it felt and looked eerie. I could see a permanent shanty, tilted sideways, sinking through its hole. The surface ice was soft but I carefully worked myself out with ice picks around my neck and ready to react. I checked ice depth frequently and found 10" of clear, solid ice everywhere. I finally settled on a spot and fished....but decided then and there it would be my last trip, because of the extended forecast.

Sure, I could gamble and probably get a few more trips in...but its not a game I feel like losing. Its been a great ice season, best to end it that way.

I do hope for one last huge dump of snow so we can get some more snowmobiling in, though.  LOL

-FH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.