Author Topic: pike season?  (Read 887 times)

Offline spearinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never trust a man who doesnt drink
pike season?
« on: Mar 15, 2014, 11:04 AM »
I was just wondering if pike season goes out or if it is open all year in indiana. Tahnks

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: pike season?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Open all year

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2014, 01:14 AM »
there is a book of regulations all fisherman should have handy somewhere, each year they produce a new one, some laws change periodically. or there is always google.  ;D ;D :o
Got one goin'!

Offline Den58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Or you could just answer the question. It's open all year.

Offline spearinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never trust a man who doesnt drink
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2014, 08:52 AM »
Thanks. I did check the regs but no season was stated. Thats why I asked you guys. Thank you for the help. Poke season is closed here in michigan but I still want to keep fishing :tipup:

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2014, 07:09 AM »
spear, does that mean you cant set flags and C&R either there?

plenty of pike by boarder.  what we need is a bass season here. imo the tourney pressure cant be good for nesting. several lakes get overrun 3-4 days a week with them!
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2014, 09:44 AM »
spear, does that mean you cant set flags and C&R either there?

plenty of pike by boarder.  what we need is a bass season here. imo the tourney pressure cant be good for nesting. several lakes get overrun 3-4 days a week with them!

No catch an release in Mich for pike, eyes or musky during closed season.  If you have tip ups out there now it better be for perch or catfish.  What IN needs is to raise the cost of out of state license for fishing.  Your lakes near angola are overrun with Michigan bass clubs because they can't fish tournaments in their own state until Memorial day weekend.  Your proximity to the boarder causes lots of traffic there.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:15 AM »
thanks wax. how do they police that? is there laws about hooks and bait, that mite keep guys from accidentally catching, said species? i mean, when im after cats ill bait up with shiners. ;D lol

OANN the real story

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:43 AM »
thanks wax. how do they police that? is there laws about hooks and bait, that mite keep guys from accidentally catching, said species? i mean, when im after cats ill bait up with shiners. ;D lol

I don't know how they police it.  It is kind of like alot of other things during closed seasons when you have no control what hits your lure.  Like on St. Clair, pike and walleye are open all year there, but there are tons of guys out there fishing for SM and LM and say they are pike / walleye fishing.  Throwing a jerkbait or spinnerbait, you never know what you will catch there.  I imagine if they were watching from a far and see you catching pike after pike on your tip ups they may come see what is up, but you probably would not get nailed unless you had a pike on ice to keep.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2014, 04:22 PM »
ah, i see. ty

OANN the real story

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com