Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > General Tips

clear childrens safety glasses

(1/2) > >>

brohymn2:
hey guys

my son just turned 5 and has high functioning autism,  anyways I took him fishing 2 weeks ago and he totally slayed the walleyes on the river (I couldn't even bait my hook in a 2 hour period because he had a fish on constantly, turns out I couldn't have been happier about that though)

anyways I'm starting to push for him to come ice fishing for a few super short days to little trout lakes in the area when its relatively warm (hes a pretty tough kid and never complains about the weather but we would have one of my tents and heater blasting anyways), id have a third person with me to help for obvious reasons, but I'm really worried about a hook popping out of the hole and him getting it in the eye,  obviously ill be on him like a hawk to keep him out of the line of fire but its still something I worry about and if it happened id never hear the end of it.  so anyways when we went fishing my main rules with him were staying with daddy and he had to wear sunglasses at all time,  I'm thinking some clear safety glasses might do the trick,  anybody have thoughts on this? or alternatively know where I can get chilrens safety glasses?

thanks

rdhammah:
Dick's sporting goods - kid's ski goggles.

MooseKnuckleVI:
amazon has a ton of choices. I'm a shop teacher and get all my safety glasses for school from amazon.

don519:
Snowboarding goggles

Jstim87:
Good call on the safety glasses. Hardly ever see any fishermen with any glasses on. Remember we can only regrow eyes once, than done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version