Author Topic: Lowrance M68c / X67C options  (Read 1287 times)

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lowrance M68c / X67C options
« on: Feb 02, 2009, 04:14 PM »
The X67c and M68C offer a lot of different functions. Some functions let you change the background color to match fishing conditions, and others options let you display different kinds of data on the screen, while others let you see the sonar screen through the menu options so you can always keep and eye on your jig. The zoom options have a wide range that they can be customized, allowing you to adjust them to the conditions at hand.

I'm adding links to this thread that show how change background colors, add or change overlay data, split screen zoom at 2X and 4X, menu transparency and setting depth limits.

Split Zoom options.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUDUjfJ6DKk

Overlay data and menu transparency.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF3Y_ZpgKo4

Background color.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN02-ITj9Mk

More to come..............

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lowrance M68c / X67C options
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:45 AM »
you are the man! wish I had my ice machine right now but can't decide  on which one, m68c/x67c of course.  I started another thread about the two in the electronics section, just wondering exactly what the differences are between the two, I know the m68c has gps but what else can the m68c do that the x67 c can't.  feel free to chime in, thanx!

Offline rover1.5dx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2009, 11:18 AM »
this may sound silly but on the M68c you can show the time.  a great feature for mentally recording what time you're getting fish...or what time to get home before you get into big crap!   :D

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:06 AM »
You can go to Lowrance's website and download both emulators and see which one you like better.

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Do you remember what you colorline or sensitivity was set at for the zooming link in 8 feet of water?  I was fishing 35 to 60 feet of water yesterday and in 4 to 20 the other day and could never get the weeds to look like they are floating off the bottom.  It's always a line of different colors, but you could see my jig going below the top of the line obviously into weeds.  In the deeper water it was much less due to less weeds.  Thanks

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2009, 01:29 PM »
You probably had a carpet of weeds on the bottom. The spot I was fishing in those videos didn't have a carpet of weeds on the bottom, but it had branches from the weeds sticking into the sonar cone. That's why it will have a gap between the weed echo and the sandy bottom.

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2009, 01:53 PM »
Okay  gotcha.  I will be fishing a lake similar to that soon and I am anxious to see if I can get the gap between the weeds and bottom.  Thanks, again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.