Author Topic: First ice success  (Read 621 times)

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
First ice success
« on: Dec 23, 2023, 11:35 AM »
Well the fishing wasn’t great but the success was finding ice in SE Ont! Went back to some brook trout lakes in frontenac park, found 2” of clear strong ice. Normally that’s not enough for me but with brookies you are fishing close to shore so was never in any danger. Got a couple in the 12” range lost another at the hole. Kept one for lunch. Unfortunately another warm spell coming so this might be the last icefishing until the new year.

Edit put the wrong pic in of the lake.
@jzuliniak

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: First ice success
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2023, 09:55 PM »
I wish I lived a little closer, Minimum two-hour drive for me to Frontenac. Looking good.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2023, 02:52 PM »
Lol JZ, I was worried until you said you were close to shore, 2 freakin inches…gotta admire determination.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2023, 05:24 PM »
Lol JZ, I was worried until you said you were close to shore, 2 freakin inches…gotta admire determination.
Ya wasn’t overly comfortable but wasn’t  really scared either. My deepest hole was in 6fow, most of the time I was standing over 3fow so worst case scenario is I would have had an unpleasant 45 min hike back to the truck. I ve been more scared on 4” of cloudy ice over 20fow.
@jzuliniak

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.