Author Topic: Strictly business highlight reel  (Read 2125 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Strictly business highlight reel
« on: Mar 13, 2018, 11:40 AM »
I hoping its not over but with all this snow on the ice it scares me to start walking across ice..however, I have come to grips and the boat is ready to go...we have been shoveling ramps so maybe this weekend..anyways, It was a great season for ice..best ice I have seen in a decade..we had a ton of fun as a group early on in the season even though the temps were brutal...as the season went along social media really put a hurting on our better spots...pictures and videos were all over the internet which was a downer...we spent the rest of the season finding new water and tested our skills at  7 new waterbodies...never really dialed it in on these lakes but plenty of potential...we even tried our hand at the winni derby and did pretty well for a couple of bass guys...finished the tourney with 9 lakers which included a 5 pounder...1 rainbow and few whites....as for the bass bite we finished with seven over 5lbs and one at 6lbs even...best part two of the fives came from the new body of water...I would like to thank the guys and girls out there that set me up with info on parking and conditions...very helpful...special thanks goes to salmonemia that really helped me over February vacation..much appreciated...have a wonderful open water season and it stinks that its over for me..take care jibs...here's a look..

when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strictly business highlight reel
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Very nice. Looks like a great season. Glad you could explore new waters. I fished alot of new lakes this year amd ventured further on a few than ever before. Glad i could help. Ill keep in touch.
Salmonemia

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2018, 03:46 PM »
Nice fish!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Well done gentlemen, as always.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Always look forward to the Strickly Buisness High Light Reel! Sadly, It’s a sign that the ice season is coming to an end and  folks leaving IS transitioning over to the Open water sight.

Great report and cool that you were able to cross over to some Laker and rainbow action. Nice pics too. Glad to hear you & your team had a fun season.

Thanks Jibbs. Here’s to a safe and productive open water season to you.

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2018, 09:33 PM »
Great job dialing in the pigs as always.Smallies were absent though.Social media is a b***h.Ruined more than one place for me.

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2018, 04:51 AM »
Very nice! Thanks for the highlights..   @)
Jig em up!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2018, 05:05 AM »
Great job dialing in the pigs as always.Smallies were absent though.Social media is a b***h.Ruined more than one place for me.
we went once to our best spot..place looked like Swiss cheese..mrs heater and I did land 19 smallies in 4 hours but no clubs..
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2018, 05:09 AM »
Always look forward to the Strickly Buisness High Light Reel! Sadly, It’s a sign that the ice season is coming to an end and  folks leaving IS transitioning over to the Open water sight.

Great report and cool that you were able to cross over to some Laker and rainbow action. Nice pics too. Glad to hear you & your team had a fun season.

Thanks Jibbs. Here’s to a safe and productive open water season to you.
the laker part was fun..I even landed a few myself..take care jiggin

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2018, 05:46 AM »
No doubt about it. IS is the only social media i use.  Trust noone. Be very careful too many googans.
Salmonemia

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2018, 07:55 AM »
 :clap:
Awesome!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2018, 08:27 AM »
Great work Jibbs and crew!
Just add water.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2018, 01:04 PM »
No doubt about it. IS is the only social media i use.  Trust noone. Be very careful too many googans.

X2.  This and fishfinder all the social I need.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #13 on: Mar 14, 2018, 01:59 PM »
X2.  This and fishfinder all the social I need.

x3
Just add water.

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2018, 10:10 PM »
Great Pics

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:27 AM »
Glad you had a great ice season good luck on the softwater. Social media has ruined quite a few spots. I only do IS can't handle "Spacebook".

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Glad you had a great ice season good luck on the softwater. Social media has ruined quite a few spots. I only do IS can't handle "Spacebook".
Fish and game are you reading this?
Salmonemia

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Some lunker bass this season -- great job!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2018, 02:34 PM »
Some lunker bass this season -- great job!
ton of bites but overall the size was way down..get complain though always fun with the crew

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2018, 08:44 PM »
cheers guys! despite a wonky february it was a good season. I got to know winni much better. As much as the boat is dying for some action I feel there a few more weekends on ice.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2018, 11:10 AM »
Nice work guys!! Same here, the size was down this year but still a good amount of fish.
I also cut my season shorter than I ever have before. Once the warm spell hit, work just took off and my weekends werent as free. So I think it's safe to say I'm done too.
Good luck on the water this year.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.