Author Topic: Berkley Gulp for Pike  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Berkley Gulp for Pike
« on: Jan 17, 2005, 02:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering has anyone used Berkley gulp while ice fishing for pike? If so what style of gulp did you use, what color, and how did you rig it? Did it preform better than the other baits used that day? I would think that gulp would be an appealing bait to the northerns, it has interesting shapes and colors and is highly odorous. I am going to try some myself the next time I go for them, just wondered how well they worked.

Good fishing to all  :)

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Re: Berkley Gulp for Pike
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2005, 08:26 PM »
I havn't used the stuff but was thinking on how a person might be able to use it. maybe hook the minnow and on the other prongs of the treble hook put the berkley gulp on possibly red color gulp maybe northerns will think that is an injured minnow. Just a deep thought i had. Will it work who knows until we try it.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2005, 08:31 PM »
I know the larger grubs and sinking minnows would definately work during the open water season. The grubs might work for ice jigging as well. I would keep running those tip ups with natural bait though. I do know sometimes jigging lures work well for pike. Maybe gulp should make a swimming lure like the storm one. I bet that would be dynamite for pike, walleyes and trout.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2005, 07:29 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I caught a beat of a pike on Gulp! while fishing craps.  Dandy fish at 36", especially on 4lb test & a medium/light rod!  That might of been a fluke, though.  I've only caught maybe 4 pike on it, most of 'em dinks.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply guys,
  I have purchased  some chartreuse Berkley Gulp. I will watch how the pike react to it next time i go for them, should be interesting.
Good fishing all  ;D

Water Wolf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.