Author Topic: small craft warning on the ice  (Read 980 times)

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
small craft warning on the ice
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:21 PM »
the wind was blowing at gale force and temp was +8. this did not stop us from venturing out and cut some holes cause we had traveled one and a half hours to get here. It was very tricky to keep things from blowing away even the sleigh was getting moved around. We were on the ice at 8 am and had the first fish on the ice at 9. The water that had pooled on top of the ice was now turning into rivers with white caps. We had to work hard for the fish we caught and none were above 22 inches. The wind did not let up so we called it a day at noon. Home in time for a nap. Tight lines        0.5 MB    IMGP1143.JPG                  Check                                            Error                                                 

Offline Burnblaze

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: small craft warning on the ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 10:51 PM »
Yes, my tent almost took me for a ride there I’m sunday when I was trying to set up

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:04 PM »
Yea burnblaze I watched the white ice go from 6 to 2 inches in 5 hours. It must of been a global warming thing going on. ??? were you at the north end? tight lines 

Offline Burnblaze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 11:40 PM »
I was on Ten Mile trying for Kokanee. Was brutal, without the tent stakes it would have been game over. It even pushed my quad when I didn’t have the parking break on  :-\

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2018, 11:22 PM »
Lol, I had jr on the Smitty sled, gave it a running push and jumped on and the wind continued to push us for 100yards. Going home wasn’t as easy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.