The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 9th Anual Bartons Cove Gathering Feb. 7th  (Read 7638 times)

Offline rally

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 9th Anual Bartons Cove Gathering Feb. 7th
« Reply #90 on: Feb 08, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Another great get together!  Lots of faces; regulars and newcomers.   :thumbsup:

My day started with a 20" pickerel as I set my second tip up with 5" shiners Tom's bait.  I hadn't even backed away from it when the flag popped.  Later in the morning got another pickerel - just shy of 16".  The day was actually pretty good (as Barton's Cove goes) for numbers of flags. 

The big count for the day had to go to folks stepping in old snow covered holes and getting wet feet.  I counted four not-so-lucky guys, including some that managed to go knee deep in a 6-inch hole.  It is hard to see the holes when they are covered by several inches of slush and snow.

Could not have asked for better fishing weather - low/no winds, a little snow, and mild temps.

Let's hope next year's 10th gathering will be even better!

Thanks to capt.shay for keeping the tradition going.   ;D

Glad to see you hooked up in to something with a little size. Not the pike though, cousin. Nice job.
Proudly A Member of G.O.D.S.   More Meds Please

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Feb 09, 2015, 08:25 AM »
Thanks to everyone. Great to see those of you that I don't see on a weekly basis. Special thanks to Otzi for lending me his drill when mine pooped out. Also thanks for the tools so I could make a last minute carb repair on the ice. Thanks Pilgrim for the sausages and conversation. Hopefully we can all get out a little more regularly in the coming weeks. I will have some photos off the gopro in a little while.
Cheers,

Pete

Offline rickyriged

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #92 on: Feb 09, 2015, 08:40 AM »
Had a good time at the cove ....we got there a 4 am... glad we packed light ...and I got to give the snow shoes a good work out... and boy did my legs pay for it on sunday but they kept my feet away from the slush layer....we got a couple pickeral....thank got nothin worse than driving more than 2 hours and getting skunked....well almost nothing...lol...was nice talkin to you guys...plan on getting out that way again and hope to meet up with you guys again before the seasons over
:) Ill be home soon.:)

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 09, 2015, 12:13 PM »
Thanks capt. We will be out there again next year.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline New Pilgrim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Feb 10, 2015, 08:10 AM »
Thanks Capt. for making this happen! It was great to see the others again!! I had a blast. Looking forward in seeing you guys soon or next year.

-Pilgrim

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Feb 10, 2015, 08:51 AM »
Nice job guys! :tipup:

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Feb 10, 2015, 09:36 AM »
nice catch jeff. you won the lottery this yr. any other pike or walleye?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.