The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: tried to get out today  (Read 448 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
tried to get out today
« on: Feb 16, 2014, 10:02 AM »
got up early cleared my and my neighbor's driveways. loaded up the car and off to my spot where I fished yesterday. had to dig out t parking spaces. one for me and one for my buddy that I was going to meet. unloaded car and headed out. buddy shows up. walking out, we were breaking through the top layer of ice and into slush where it was snow yesterday. made it out to yesterday's first hole and sunk through 1.5 inch crust into 6 inches of water. it went like this for the next 30 yards. decided that this was not going to be much fun so decided to hike back to car and call it a day. gonna take a while to freeze up solid enough to fish hopefully good enough to fish next weekend.

Offline Wigeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: tried to get out today
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Damn Rich....tough morning....hope you get some cold air....I'm laid low this weekend...left shoulder is effed from shoveling, think its my rotator cuff...also sprouted a nasty head cold last night.... :blink:

Offline JFeen82

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2014, 10:24 AM »
No cold coming.... 40's all next week. Conditions weren't that bad for me yesterday, thankful I had worn my muck boots though.

Offline muskybuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:34 PM »
It's was a slop fest in framingham on learneds pond today caught some fish though

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.