The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Trash on Wequaquet Lake  (Read 2842 times)

Offline striper51

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trash on Wequaquet Lake
« on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:43 PM »
 Talk to a friend who lives on the lake and she said she had to go out and pick up a bunch of trash that was left behind by icefisherman today. :'( Pick up after yourself >:(

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
Re: Trash on Wequaquet Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:48 PM »
Certainly hope it wasn't fellow Ice Shanty guys. This club doesn't need that type bringing the rest of us down.

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Trash on Wequaqet Lake
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:49 PM »
I'm sure the 'regulars' around here take out their own trash and pick up after the messy ones too.  There's lazy scum every where you go, unfortunately.

I've noticed that when I pick up other fishermen's trash there's usually some halfway decent tackle mixed in.  Sometimes, no tackle but I still pick up the trash anyway.

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just a kid until the end.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:50 PM »
No excuse for that at all.  Some people don't get it.  Irresponsible.  And they call themselves ice fisherman.  I don't think so.  Unfortunately it happens all year round.  

Trash in, trash out..... what's so hard about that?  
Member of the GODs, the Grumpy Old Dudes, "We're off our rockers."

Offline striper51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:52 PM »
 Totally agree. You can carry it out you sure as hell can carry it back.

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:53 PM »

Trash in, trash out..... what's so hard about that?  

It even weighs less on the way out!

Makes you wonder what their yards look like...

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline striper51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:54 PM »
 Trash left on the lake washes up on there beach in the spring

Offline FishHacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "FLAG UP"
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:56 PM »
PIGS !!!!! They probably live like that too !! Poor upbringing...

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Talk to a friend who lives on the lake and she said she had to go out and pick up a bunch of trash that was left behind by icefisherman today. :'( Pick up after yourself >:(
Right??!  This was a topic of discussion last year... PLEASE!  I know the guys I go out with pickup crap on the way out and the way in, that belonged to other 'rookies' out there.

keep it clean!

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline miked

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • jack perch
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:36 PM »
The same goes on here coffee cups  ,butt's and beer cans.I pick up what I see.
[img]

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2010, 07:08 PM »

Well, I stopped at a pond at Harold Parker this afternoon and start down the trail to find three freshly discarded Bud cans. Threw them in my sled and hoped the EPO didn't stop by and accuse me of drinking. These slobs are everywhere doing everything from crosscountry skiing ,skating, hunting,and ya ice fishing Etc.
Unfortunately or is it fortunately its up to people like us to try to clean up their act to protect our interests and those to come after us.
Keep up the good work Shanty members
MA

Offline gopherfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2010, 07:16 PM »

Well, I stopped at a pond at Harold Parker this afternoon and start down the trail to find three freshly discarded Bud cans. Threw them in my sled and hoped the EPO didn't stop by and accuse me of drinking.

Hauled out a 3/4 frozen silver bullet that I found today...

BTW - No drinking?  Really?

Offline yakk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:13 PM »
Hauled out a 3/4 frozen silver bullet that I found today...

BTW - No drinking?  Really?
[/quoteallways try to bring out more than brought in .some drinking. realy!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:51 PM »
How hard is it? You brought it out there, bring it back... We always go home with some jerks trash. Thanks for the returnables though... You helped pay for some gas or bait...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Heck, sometimes you even find stuff that the offrending party forgot about, like a maglite flashlight or a "lost" trap.
I mean, come on, pack it in, pack it out! How lazy can someone be, unless they aren't fishing within the regulations to begin with.

This is how a lot of saltwater access has been lost, due to inconsiderate slobs that (could) ruin it for the rest of us.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline striper51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:11 PM »
 I agree.

Offline boulderdash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:27 PM »
I was there today ,what I saw was the worst trash!!!! I saw over a dozen nice perch on the ice  left from saturday all of them were good sized and a couple xls.  Wish i was there ,that would of been a nice free fish fry. to bad its gull food. why? why? why?

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:34 PM »
I was there today ,what I saw was the worst trash!!!! I saw over a dozen nice perch on the ice  left from saturday all of them were good sized and a couple xls.  Wish i was there ,that would of been a nice free fish fry. to bad its gull food. why? why? why?

What a friggen waste.

Offline Damurpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love you red solo cup!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:00 AM »

Met a couple of old timers on a pond in Plymouth, they were from a surfcasters club in Worchester out for the weekend for an ice fishing derby and they told us of all the nice perch that were just laid out in rows on the ice on Wequaquet left for gull food
eat 'em or put 'em back I say
Ice fishin' is for guy's who wanna sit around and drink beer all day cuz our wives won't let us do it at home!

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:38 AM »
no need for it some people dont think what it does for others

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2010, 02:27 PM »

Sounds like bait to me!!!   ;)

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2010, 04:01 PM »
perch left scattered on the ice are considered garbage by some EPO's while you are there. it is subject to a $500 fine.

burp

lenz
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2010, 04:40 PM »
In that case, it IS bait to me   ;D  Wow, I didn't realize that...

Flaggs!

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just a kid until the end.
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:27 PM »
If there is nothing on the ice when we get out there, there should be nothing on the ice when we leave.  So many of the ponds we all fish have homes around them.  I was fishing last Wednesday and there were few resident walkers out on the ice enjoying the day.  Pretty sure they don't want to see a bunch of dead fish or trash left behind.  Let's not give them anything to complain about.  The spaces we hunt or fish seem to be shrinking yearly and access more restricted.  Sportsmen need to set the example. 
Member of the GODs, the Grumpy Old Dudes, "We're off our rockers."

Offline striper51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:36 PM »
If there is nothing on the ice when we get out there, there should be nothing on the ice when we leave.  So many of the ponds we all fish have homes around them.  I was fishing last Wednesday and there were few resident walkers out on the ice enjoying the day.  Pretty sure they don't want to see a bunch of dead fish or trash left behind.  Let's not give them anything to complain about.  The spaces we hunt or fish seem to be shrinking yearly and access more restricted.  Sportsmen need to set the example. 
Well said

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:52 PM »
My son caught a nice trout out of webster lake last year and in his belly was a cigarette butt.
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.