Author Topic: Marcum Lx3 TCI to a Vexilar Fl-18 pro pack  (Read 1184 times)

Offline hawgis

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum Lx3 TCI to a Vexilar Fl-18 pro pack
« on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Just looking for advice from you guys who have been on both sides of the flasher world.  I have a Marcum lx3 tci and it has been a great flasher and the only one I have ever bought.  I keep wondering about vexilar though and I have friends that swear by vexilar.  Comparing both side by side they are reasonably the same except in zoom mode vexilar seems to excel with target separation.  Anyway it would be a couple hundred dollars diff to sell mine and go to the FL-18 pro pack so I am wondering if its worth doing.  Fish perch and walleye through the ice.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Marcum Lx3 TCI to a Vexilar Fl-18 pro pack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:53 PM »
While your in Zoom can't you see the separation on the Marcum? I mean,if your looking at the finder when a fish is about ready to hit shouldn't you be looking at the rod instead? That is what I do when I see a fish getting anywhere close to my lure. If i keep looking at the Finder I may not feel the bite so I watch for the bite instead.
<===Lefty===

Offline hawgis

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Yes I can see it on the Marcum, just seems like you gain a bit better separation and definition with the vexilar (I haven't tried but this is what specs show and real world claims).  Trying to figure out if I really want to switch or not.  Once a fish looks committed I try to watch down my rod / looking at the sonar seems to work well to help detect bites.

Offline spoof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:38 PM »
Love the zoom on my vex18.  Def. helped me see and catch some very shy perch last weekend.  I have owned it for 15-20 years without a hitch...

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2018, 07:37 PM »
I done the same thing a couple years ago and got a new FL22 HD. It did not come close to my LX5 in performance. Try a LX5 or M5.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.