Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Done for the Season

<< < (2/2)

vt-jig:
Plenty of small ponds in central VT that will likely hold their ice until mid to end  of March.   Fingers  crossed that the edges break up a bit though.  With my auger being down,  I'm just looking forward to some quality muskrat hunting,  as long as the right places open up soon enough, but slow enough that they don't blow wide open before I get my fun in  ::)

woodyvt:
Yup looks like its over for me. Fished Mississquoi bay sunday on 8-9” of ice……..Today its all water. Wind took it all out fast! Yikes!

Hope next year gets colder.

Good luck boat fishing everyone!

aquarium234:
I am just happy I was able to safely fish last week. Limited to as where we could go, but we were able to fish the whole week on safe ice. Catching 2 pike in the 12.5 and 12.8lb and and buddy got a surprise 11lb bowfin. All released and swimming.    Crazy weather, I am hopeful after 2 years of warm weather we can finally shift back to at least cooler weather next year. I miss fishing a lot of my favorite places on Champlain this year. Already booked our week for next year so fingers crossed for a record ice year next year :-).
Love fishing on your side of the pond :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version