Author Topic: Carhartt  (Read 5929 times)

Offline carharttboy

• IceShanty Rookie
Carhartt
« on: Jun 30, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Hey,

I just wanted to say thanks for all the Carhartt praise out there. I work for Carhartt in the summer, and its great to see all the nice things on this site. I don't know how many people visit this site in the summer, but I had to register just to thank everyone out there.

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
Re: Carhartt
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Always good to see representation on this site from key players in the industry!  Welcome aboard!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2006, 07:17 PM »
I wouldn't trade my black Carhartt bibs and hooded coat for anything!

Offline carharttboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Well I hope I can help out the cold fishermen out there. Carhartt clothing is great, but it still needs some improvement in the water resistance (especially duck).

If anyone has any suggestions, information straight from consumers (especially from a loyal group) always catches attention around here.

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2006, 02:39 PM »
carharttboy....not sure if it exists but....do you all have patching kits for tares?  that would help....i've got a nice three-corner tare on my bibs!  killing me!

Offline carharttboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2006, 08:27 AM »
I am not sure, but I don't believe there is a patching kit.

Sorry SleePac

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2006, 05:22 PM »
I am not sure, but I don't believe there is a patching kit.

Sorry SleePac

Every hardware store in the country has a Carharrt repair kits, its called duct tape. ;D

Offline KGrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2006, 07:21 AM »
http://www.tearmender.com

Try that stuff. 

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2006, 11:41 AM »
I just want to say thanks for making a quality product that can hold up for years. :thumbsup:

Offline carharttboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2006, 01:45 PM »
Don't thank me for that one, I just help figure out where people buy it.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Aug 04, 2006, 02:15 PM »
Don't thank me for that one, I just help figure out where people buy it.

on the ice, and in the woods, everywhere you find a man :tipup:
so dont waste your time in california :D

Every hardware store in the country has a Carharrt repair kits, its called duct tape. ;D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline carharttboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2006, 10:43 AM »
on the ice, and in the woods, everywhere you find a man :tipup:
so dont waste your time in california :D

No wasted time there - Carhartt has hardly any stores in California except for the big chains 

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 23, 2006, 02:15 PM »
I thoroughly trust my Carhartts, however, a few years ago I started using AlaskaWear.  It's a bit more insulated with heavier stitching.  At first it was mainly used by guys working on the North Slope oil fields.  It's not as popular as Carhartt's, but for cold weather I believe it out-performs Carhartt.  BUT... I still use my Carhartt's as well because they are tough and trustworthy.

Icy Mike

Offline zooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Sep 23, 2006, 06:02 PM »
sorry to bust your bubble i find carhartt jackets wont cut it in the damp southern cold. m-65 feild jackets or some of the water proof water fowl gear will do it.. i work out side i do wear carhartt jackets- the sweat shirts kick butt - for me personally the wind cuts right thru them.. they are better in the dryier northen areas..

zooker
cranked by optima pushed by powertech in a word YAMAHA..

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Sep 23, 2006, 11:44 PM »
I wouldn't trade my black Carhartt bibs and hooded coat for anything!
i have those too in the extreme arctic. just got them they are stiff is there a way to break them in w/o waring out the coating?

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Sep 24, 2006, 10:23 AM »
i have those too in the extreme arctic. just got them they are stiff is there a way to break them in w/o waring out the coating?

Wash them, mine have been washed hundreds or times and the water still beads up and rolls off. I think the material is naturally water resistant. TOUGH also, The knees on mine don't even show wear yet!

I am gonna have to burst zookers bubble though, if he can come and work with me for a day in the Minnesota wet cold, and not get cold or trash his hunting clothes, I will eat my words. I wouldn't call a month or more of the sky puking slush and sleet at you "dry cold". Some days I feel like I am working on a crab boat on the Bering sea! Carharrt Extreme is the only thing I have found that will really keep the weather out, and mot be trash at the end of the cold weather. I have worked outside in -30F and worse. I have froze my lungs and face, and rest of me stays relatively comfortable.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 24, 2006, 10:30 AM »
i agree, wash the hack out of them, i have laid in mud for hours in them and washed them time after time and they are still water resistant, i set mobile homes and had to drag myself along the ground with a water level building piers, connecting electrical in all sorts of weather, rain, mud, snow, and other than my pressure ares, butt and knees, my underlayer was dry after i took my bibs off, and the only time my back got wet was when water came in over my collar and down my back, not through my jacket :tipup:

Offline Redbeard1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Sep 24, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Man, We sure bust our A$$es, Don't we??
PATRICK

Offline molsonport

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Sep 24, 2006, 03:24 PM »
if you work out side for awhile with them thats all the breaking in they will need. might be a few more weeks before you will need them,just every day work on the job site will be enough.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Sep 24, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Man, We sure bust our A$$es, Don't we??

You betcha! :thumbsup:

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Sep 24, 2006, 08:18 PM »
I've bought so many types of winter clothes, columbia, north face, but for both warmth and durability, you honestly can not beat carhartt, and having getz department store (one of the biggest suppliers of carhartt in the midwest- if not the world) in my hometown definately helps when i need new stuff.  :)
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.