Author Topic: NEED MARMOOSKA ADVICE FOR BLUGILLS  (Read 2223 times)

Offline frankenberry

• IceShanty Rookie
NEED MARMOOSKA ADVICE FOR BLUGILLS
« on: Jan 21, 2006, 03:53 PM »
I just bought a #12 and #14 Marmooska jig and am not sure how it should hang, with the hook verticle (like a teardrop) or horizontal. Would you recommend the 12 or 14, I am strictly going after blugills.

Frankenberry

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NEED MARMOOSKA ADVICE FOR BLUGILLS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2006, 04:04 PM »
It should hang horizontal. I would start out with a 12 and if you see a few come in but don't bite, then switch to the 14.
Ken                                          

Offline PERCH_INC.

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE LITTLE ONES BACK
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2006, 06:27 PM »
 It will hang horizontal. I use #14 and 16, gills seem to kind the smaller of the two!! Try a red or green one work well for me!!
MONSTER PERCH RULE ! !  

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:41 AM »
I always start out with the #12 and two spikes, two mousies or one t-boned wax.
If they are shybiting I'll go with one bait and the #14.  I don't really like the #16
hook model cause fish inhale it too deep and it becomes a hastle to get the hook out.
When you get the hemos out and try to dislodge them the tiny #16 the hooks break off or you do damage to your line and you end up killing and keeping some smaller fish.  I've got other tiny 1/80th ounce jigs I like better.  But Marmooska are great lures.  The bright colors are real fish magnets in stained water.  They hang at the
proper angle to give a good hookset with their lazersharp hooks.  Fish seem to pay
more attention to the business end of the jig and bite at the bait rather than having
to sell them on engulfing the entire lure.

Ted
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.