Author Topic: Are the free boots with an ice armor purchase worth it?  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Jkoht

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm in the market for a new ice armor suit since mine isn't fitting as well as it used to. I see the offer for the free sub zero x boots has been extended until the end of this month. Do those boots make it worth buying a new clam suit? BTW I see the offer extends only to their newer floatation lines (not the edge suit like I have), of which I think one of them is on sale this week so I may stop into fleet farm to check them out after work. So did anyone else jump on this offer this year, or does anyone have any experience with the boots good or bad?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Are the free boots with an ice armor purchase worth it?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:54 PM »
yes they are worth it. I got a pair and I am amazed with them. I had the original Sub zero before then got the new Sub Zero X this year and it is night and day different. don't get me wrong the original sub zero was a good boot too. the new boot retails for $180 and on the promo you are charged 19.95 to cover the shipping cost. as for the suits the promo is when you buy one of the Ascent or Rise float suits or the new Extreme advantage suit (the extreme advantage is not a floating suit). because this promo has been such a big hit shipping time on getting the boots varies from 6 to 8 week turn around time from when you submit the form. also the purchase has to be made in store and not online. almost forgot the boots are made here in the USA. it is Fleet Farm that has the Rise Float Suit on sale this week for $149.99 per piece, so whole suit comes in at $299.98 then you get the $180.00 value boots free (there is a shipping charge of 19.95 thou which is still not bad for the value of the boots). You won't find a floating suit anyplace cheaper then the current Fleet Farm sale price.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Jkoht

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:27 AM »
Well I ended up buying a new oce armor rise suit, but ran into a snafu. I could find a jacket at my local fleet farm, but no bibs, had to go to one in the cities to find the last pair of bibs there. I called clam and explained the situation to them. Initially the guy told me that the purchases are supposed to be on the same receipt, I once again reiterated the shortage of available clothing. Je then put me on hold to talk to a manager, and when he came back he said they will honor the boot rebate so long as I provide both receipts (duh). It's too bad they're taking up to 6 weeks to process the rebates now, I've got a tournament next weekend that would've been a perfect testing zone for those boots. Oh well guess I'll rely on my trusty baffins to keep my feet warm and dry.

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Well I ended up buying a new oce armor rise suit, but ran into a snafu. I could find a jacket at my local fleet farm, but no bibs, had to go to one in the cities to find the last pair of bibs there. I called clam and explained the situation to them. Initially the guy told me that the purchases are supposed to be on the same receipt, I once again reiterated the shortage of available clothing. Je then put me on hold to talk to a manager, and when he came back he said they will honor the boot rebate so long as I provide both receipts (duh). It's too bad they're taking up to 6 weeks to process the rebates now, I've got a tournament next weekend that would've been a perfect testing zone for those boots. Oh well guess I'll rely on my trusty baffins to keep my feet warm and dry.

I also bought the Ascent suit from 2 different companies, called Clam and they told me no problem to send in the receipts. Today I received an email letting me know they're on the way. It's been less than 4 weeks. 

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2019, 09:11 PM »
they might have got some more temps in to help pull and box the boots that need to be sent out on this offer. last time I spoke to my customer service contact he was saying 6 to 8 weeks but then again he doesn't talk to the shipping department everyday and they may have been able to get them out sooner but failed to let customer service know this. I would allow for 6 weeks but if they get to you sooner that's great. they are doing their best to fill all the orders for these under the promo in a timely manner.

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Got the boots today and am impressed, for $20 you can't go wrong! Hope to try them out Sunday.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2019, 11:24 PM »
Got the boots today and am impressed, for $20 you can't go wrong! Hope to try them out Sunday.

I think you will really like them. I love my pair that I have.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.