Author Topic: Sled Cover  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Xanfly

• IceShanty Rookie
Sled Cover
« on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:46 PM »
So I am doing some modifications to my Jet sled and was looking for ideas on
a cover.

I will use this sled mostly behind my sno-go and I would rather not arrive at my destination with a sled full of snow.

So whatcha got!! Pics?

Offline NHRenegade

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sled Cover
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:13 PM »
Headed to the basement to complete this very project right now.  I normally tow it behind my wheeler or snowmobile so weight isn't an issue.  Planning on building a hard cover with plywood, hole cut for 5 gallon bucket to drop in and possibly another for a tote.  Hinged lid to put stuff under the deck, then auger and whatever extra I need on top.  Got some of the black "rubberized" spray paint for a nice non-slip surface.  We'll see how it comes out, if it isn't a bust then I'll post pictures.

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:46 PM »
So I am doing some modifications to my Jet sled and was looking for ideas on
a cover.

I will use this sled mostly behind my sno-go and I would rather not arrive at my destination with a sled full of snow.

So whatcha got!! Pics?

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?PHPSESSID=354110ed2f25233aa554ca0516d13e91&topic=99538.msg977698#msg977698

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Playin' Hooky in my new X2!
eagles may fly....but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline Xanfly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Nice setup Mungo, I think I will have to try out a variation of that. I mounted a Small Cooler in the back on one side and 4 rod holders on the other, I like the idea of the Auger on top.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.