Author Topic: Yellow Top--Black Bottom sponge bobbers  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Yellow Top--Black Bottom sponge bobbers
« on: Nov 16, 2005, 10:56 PM »
I'm not much of a bobber fisherman, but I got these free. My question is how in the heck do you rig them? They come with a toothpick, so I just ran the toothpick clear through, creating a hole and then slid the line through that hole. Is there any way to make it so you can just slide the bobber off without having to retie?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Re: Yellow Top--Black Bottom sponge bobbers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2005, 01:38 PM »
I have a plastic one similar to yours Iceman. My bobber has a hole down the center of it. What I do is have the line running down the center of the bobber and then I use the plastic toothpick to anchor it in place.
Hope this helps. ;)

WW

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Re: Yellow Top--Black Bottom sponge bobbers
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2005, 12:23 PM »
I'm not much of a bobber fisherman, but I got these free. My question is how in the heck do you rig them? They come with a toothpick, so I just ran the toothpick clear through, creating a hole and then slid the line through that hole. Is there any way to make it so you can just slide the bobber off without having to retie?

The answer is pretty much no...there's no way to get it on/off without having to tie. You could always get a tiny Thill clip on...I personally use a slip bobber set up, as I'm sure the majority of the board does. The only "drag" (get it?) is that the slip bobber ices up alot, and you have to warm it up alot to keep the line moving through it smoothly. Oftentimes, if it's that cold, I'll go down to just a spring bobber. Good luck and tight lines bud!

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.